DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A 2s Automatically Powers on when battery inserted.

crash3x

Reactions
Out of no where when I insert one particular battery into my A 2s it automatically turns on/powers up! YES the battery is off, not powered on. This never happened before with this battery or any of my other batteries, all my batteries are numbered so I can keep track of rotation and if any issue arise, hence this! Never had this happen before.

Does anyone know if there is a home fix?? Some type of button sequence rest etc? I’m dreading sending it back to DJI, everything takes forever with them!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance✔️

Out of no where when I insert one particular battery into my A 2s it automatically turns on/powers up! YES the battery is off, not powered on. This never happened before with this battery or any of my other batteries, all my batteries are numbered so I can keep track of rotation and if any issue arise, hence this! Never had this happen before.

Does anyone know if there is a home fix?? Some type of button sequence rest etc? I’m dreading sending it back to DJI, everything takes forever with them!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance✔️
The Power button can get compromised as the intelligent chip is below the Power Button.

The biggest threat is that it will not discharge properly and begin to swell. Try running the battery down to zero power and see if that does not refresh it. If not the battery may not discharge and that could cause the battery to swell at some point.

Since we Hot Swap Batteries on the Air 2s meaning switch them out before turning them off it will not hurt the drone but because its not a function battery , that puts the battery at risk.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: crash3x
The Power button can get compromised as the intelligent chip is below the Power Button.

The biggest threat is that it will not discharge properly and begin to swell. Try running the battery down to zero power and see if that does not refresh it. If not the battery may not discharge and that could cause the battery to swell at some point.

Since we Hot Swap Batteries on the Air 2s meaning switch them out before turning them off it will not hurt the drone but because its not a function battery , that puts the battery at risk.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Thanks for the response✔️ I’ll try to fully discharging it, recharge it and give that a shot to see if that’s a fix before I send it in to DJI.

Dont full discharge it!!!
You will kill the cells permanently!
Your battery has encountered well know "Air2 batt melting issue", search the forum for more details.
The reason is that protection discharge MOSFET become damaged and no more perform its duty. So it will not stop the power output after critical discharge and cells will be drained to zero. For lithium cells it means they become a trash.

There is no "magic button sequenses" for this issue.
The only solution is to replace it by warranty or to replace the damage FET for new one if you dont want to mess with Dji guaranty cases.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00