DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd battery issue

Kcmusa

Reactions
Received new battery from DJI because original was dead.
the new battery when put into the drone, immediately the drone powers up. No lights on the battery. If you press the battery button all appears normal. Light up as one would expect.. but you can’t turn it off.
anyone else see this behavior?

i did send it back,waiting for replacement.

And you’re pushing the button twice to turn it off?

Did you fully charge the new battery before putting it in the drone?

Yep. Even flew a bit and recharged it. No difference.
Hmmmm, that's weird. First time I've heard of something like this??? Just a bad apple I guess.

So i had a similar but much more serious issue. After a short flight and landing the drone would not power off. I turned off the controller and could not reconnect. Fan ran the whole time and smelled an electrical heat smell. Could not get it turned off and could not remove the battery (physically stuck). Eventually the battery drained to 0 and the drone was useless. So was DJI support. Eventually after 5 days of periodically trying to remove it the battery came loose. There was a 1/4" burn hole in the back left. Slight melt mark on the drone itself.

The more i read the more i think there is an issue with more than a few MA2 batteries. Just my observation and my experience with 1 battery mind you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer