DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Better Way to Charge/Discharge your DJI Batteries

I learn something important here every day!
Thanks very much,
Randy
You did not state what you are flying. The Mavic mini batteries do not self discharge. You have to attach it to something else to draw down the power to 50%. Either fly the drone or attach it to a device like a phone or tablet. I personally use a portable power pack to both charge and discharge at home or in the field. For usb devices.
AA1FBCF1-184F-48F1-8CC5-C9BD2EEA285B.jpeg56EB6E9A-2569-4D1E-BF54-6F92AE5F197D.jpeg

Last edited:
You did not state what you are flying. The Mavic mini batteries do not self discharge. You have to attach it to something else to draw down the power to 50%. Either fly the drone or attach it to a device like a phone or tablet. I personally use a portable power pack to both charge and discharge at home or in the field. For usb devices.
View attachment 94768View attachment 94769
I just sent back the MM I bought from B&H because I decided I definitely want 4K. I'm trying to decide now between a MA, M2P or Phantom 4 Pro 2...I have plenty of time to decide since I'll need to save up the difference of cost in cash or pay off my credit card. :(

I am biased for the P4P. But since I already own one I would next buy a M2P
If I'm not mistaken M2P is more agile than P4P but I saw a test comparison of the footage of the two and P4P seems to have an edge for minute detail which is most important to me. Regardless of which one I buy, I'll probably fly it like a little old man that can barely see over the steering wheel anyway. ?

P4P best consumer camera. It was the go-to for nature and travel shows for a long time. Affordable for the average Joe. Rocksolid flight in conditions that others won’t fly. IMHO

P4P best consumer camera. It was the go-to for nature and travel shows for a long time. Affordable for the average Joe. Rocksolid flight in conditions that others won’t fly. IMHO
One more check mark in the P4P column...thanks very much!

Reactions: Capt KO
Hey Randy, great question. If you have a fully charged battery and you don't fly with it, it really needs to be discharged within a day or two to ensure the battery longevity. Batteries should be cycled once a month, this is a recommendation even by DJI. (fully charged and discharged, then back to storage voltage).
What's a battery cycle? and what is it for?
Also, what's the best way to discharge a DJI Mavic Air 2 battery for a "storage charge" (40-60%)? I don't have an adapter that connects to the battery to connect to a phone or a power bank, so right now I'm just turning it on and letting it run until it reaches the desired %. Not completely sure if holding the "Take Off" button will do any good cause I don't know any other way to move the rotors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_