DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A California Christmas

Vustadumas

Reactions
Hey everyone!

I've had my Mavic Air for a month now, and was able to capture some footage during our trip up and down California. Had a blast!

Reactions: mnis
Hello Corey, and welcome! Nice shots! Alabama Hills are really scenic and are a great place to drive and fly, as a OHV area it is open in a lot of places for drones in the BLM rec areas. I mainly keep to BLM and Forest Service lands, unless they’re designated wilderness areas.

A lot of Morro Bay, because of the SLO airport and other restrictions, is limited to fly in for drones, and much of the coast north of Cambria is off limits due to a marine sanctuary. When in doubt, always check the FAA sectionals:

VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Last edited:
Hello Corey, and welcome! Nice shots! Alabama Hills are really scenic and are a great place to drive and fly, as a OHV area it is open in a lot of places for drones in the BLM rec areas. I mainly keep to BLM and Forest Service lands, unless they’re designated wilderness areas.

A lot of Morro Bay, because of the SLO airport and other restrictions, is limited to fly in for drones, and much of the coast north of Cambria is off limits due to a marine sanctuary. When in doubt, always check the FAA sectionals:

VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Thanks, AMann! I used the B4UFly app and DroneBuddy to find safe spots and overlaps off PCH. I stayed away from San Simeon and SLO. Morro Bay, I agree I shouldn’t have flown there after double checking the apps. I’ll be more diligent next flights.

Reactions: AMann
Thanks, AMann! I used the B4UFly app and DroneBuddy to find safe spots and overlaps off PCH. I stayed away from San Simeon and SLO. Morro Bay, I agree I shouldn’t have flown there after double checking the apps. I’ll be more diligent next flights.

Just trying to help- lots of rules out there and I dont want to see fellow fliers pay the price for making a simple mistake

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada