DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A comparison between the Mavic Air and the Spark flying low over water

Surprising video I think the Spark video was sharper with truer colors. I love both the Air and the Spark and fly both. Just always amazed at how good the Spark is for the money.

Reactions: Si_Co
Surprising video I think the Spark video was sharper with truer colors.

In my mind the Spark was travelling a lot slower, maybe a bit unfair to compare with the different speeds.
I assume shot same day / time.
Did you use filters on either ?

I once read on a forum that the Spark has better in drone processing of photos and video, well, as compared to a Mavic Pro anyway.
Have both, but haven't had a chance to fly them together, same scene, and do a test on quality output straight from the drones.
I shoot 1080 with the MP too.

To be honest, late yesterday was only my 2nd flight of the Spark, and only because I'm separated from the MP for another week or so.
If I have both available I simply fly the Mavic Pro as it's much more stable and I trust it nearly 100%.

The Spark is my back up really on bigger trips when remote, where I'd miss out on too much if the MP had a problem.

MAvic_South_Oz, both were shot in “Sunny” white balance mode, 1080p, no filters. The MA is a faster drone all round. I should have compensated for that, however, it wasn’t obvious to me until I did my editing. This comparison demonstrates quite effectively how good both drones are. As I said, the main difference for me has been just how much more smooth and stable the MA is in flight, especially over water. If you watch the video closely you’ll see the Spark’s speed vary quite a bit, probably due to the water. The Spark took a few more runs to complete too due to it bobbing and drifting.

True Si_Co, hard to do comparisons exactly the same for sure.
I agree, both my MP and Spark are great to fly in their own ways, I guess the Air is too.

Sadly my BIL lost his Air last night, we filmed at Hallett Cove and he flew it somehow into a cliff.
Strange flight, will be uploading data for that sometime (its own thread on the forum) to hopefully get some expert analysis as to what caused it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman