DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A cop stoped me from flying my drone near a plaza, was the scariest moment of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I was out to a dollar tree to lick up some things, I decided to fly my Mavic pro. Sure the gimbal arm was burned up and would not stabilize, but I was exited of the new range capibilities I unlocked after replacing some components.

A officer pulled up to me, he got out of his car and told me I wasn't allowed to fly it there.

Despite me not being in big trouble, I was very scared. The officer saw this and decided to talk to me.

He was curious as to why I was acting the way I was acting, I told him I got my "toy" for my birthday. He said he didn't care about my drone anymore, he was more worried as to why I was acting the way I acting.

I told him I was afraid of cops in general, which I am.

He asked why would I be afraid of him unless I Knowingly did something wrong.
I froze. And he just stood there and watched me as I trembled in place because I was crapping myself.

He told me, "I'll tell you what. I see your scared of something. I can tell because you can't stand up straight and you seem like you don't know how to breathe. So just do what you got to do. Just don't fly your drone here. Alright?" I said ok and I packed my stuff and and left just as fast is your mavics can get from your house to your local supermarket in less then 2 minutes.

One thing that gets me is, how did he guess I was scared of him. He don't even really know why I was scared until after I told him.

And another thing, what did he mean by "you seem like you don't know how to breathe" I was breathing fine I guess so I really don't know what he meant. But I'm happy things didn't go left like how it happenes on YouTube videos with faa tickets and stuff.
How old are you? Is your UAS registered? Do you have a TRUST certificate? Body language perhaps 🤔

Body language perhaps 🤔
He did say on that other thread that whenever he stands up with the remote controller, one or both of his hands shake in rhythm to his heartbeat. If we assume 60 to 100 heartbeats per minute = 60 to 100 hand tremors per minute I would hope that trained police or medical personnel would notice something wrong and suggest medical examination.

I don't drive a car. I drive a hoverboard
Those seem like fun! You must have very good balance and coordination. No shaking in legs I take it?

• Haha
Reactions: Droniac
He did say on that other thread that whenever he stands up with the remote controller, one or both of his hands shake in rhythm to his heartbeat. If we assume 60 to 100 heartbeats per minute = 60 to 100 hand tremors per minute I would hope that trained police or medical personnel would notice something wrong and suggest medical examination.

Those seem like fun! You must have very good balance and coordination. No shaking in legs I take it?
You don't really need balance as I thought you would you just lean basically

Anxiety will lock you op entirely and make you lose control of all sorts of things. It's not abnormal. I remember the time I was at school, a bit younger than you, casually and innocently exploring the back of the school's stage when I felt a hand strongly grasp my shoulder. I actually did pee my pants. It turned out to be only a teacher who said I shouldn't be back there. But there I was with wet pants. I'll never forget that moment. When you feel that you can't breathe, focus on doing so. That will help bring back your composure.

I suggest you look at a few episodes of Audit the Audit It is an unbiased look at police and public and you can learn what the triggers are. Just because you are young or black does not mean you should be scared of authority figures. Times are changing for the better but there still are plenty of bullies with a badge, so your best defense is by far being educated. Follow up with complaints and DONT TAKE CRAP PERSONALLY. Out smart them!

Reactions: Droniac
I suggest you look at a few episodes of Audit the Audit It is an unbiased look at police and public and you can learn what the triggers are. Just because you are young or black does not mean you should be scared of authority figures. Times are changing for the better but there still are plenty of bullies with a badge, so your best defense is by far being educated. Follow up with complaints and DONT TAKE CRAP PERSONALLY. Out smart them!
How do I outsmart them? They are mentally better than me.

How do I outsmart them? They are mentally better than me.
First of all THEY ARE NOT BETTER THAN YOU!!! in any way. They might have more experience than you making them a bit wiser but NO ONE IS BETTER THAN YOU... GOT IT!!
Now THINK... Its not hard... Watch a few episodes of those videos on youtube and use that brain of yours. You can do and be whatever you like and let NO ONE tell you otherwise!! Study a few and see how your interaction with law enforcement SHOULD be. You got this... really! Have confidence to know that and realize that you can learn anything. I know that and I never met you! Adults are just bigger children with experience. The brain is a big mussel. The more you use it the smarter you will be. Never stop learning and always chase your dream!

Don't engage in conversation, he's not being friendly, he's looking for anything to charge you with. Ask him where it says it's a no fly zone so you know in the future. Ask for his name and badge number. Verify it's not a no fly zone and file a complaint against the officer.

Also, settle down. He's just a public servant.
No never be disrespectful to an officer of the law, just being respectful will help you not get into trouble, answer all questions truthfully if officer says you cannot fly here just say very sorry I will pack up and go home 9 times out of 10 that’s the end of his questions. If you behave belligerently you will get a more severe reaction from that officer, cheers Len

Reactions: BigAl07
No never be disrespectful to an officer of the law, just being respectful will help you not get into trouble, answer all questions truthfully if officer says you cannot fly here just say very sorry I will pack up and go home 9 times out of 10 that’s the end of his questions. If you behave belligerently you will get a more severe reaction from that officer, cheers Len
Forgot to say I am very glad I live in the U.K., cheers Len

C4F4269E-9915-453C-A00A-EBEBD5F6D5DF.gif

Closed.​

Reactions: hiflyer201
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members