DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 A couple more 8 second tests with the AIR 3

Awesome photos!

• Love
Reactions: hedbonker
More great photos. I gotta ask, though, how much post did you do on them? I realize they're "simulated" 8-second exposures that are basically a set of 2-second photos stacked in the camera, but they're still remarkably sharp and practically without noise. I've been playing around with true 8-second exposures on my Mavic 3 Classic and as someone said in the other thread, they're hit or miss on sharpness and they're loaded with noise even on 100 ISO. I took some 2-second 7-frame bursts with the intent of stacking them. I assume when I do that, a lot of the noise will cancel out, but still the sharpness is lacking and i can only think that stacking would compound that.

Last edited:
I did not do any post processing. IMO for tests like these, post processing defeats the purpose which is to show what the device is capable of. For each shot I took about 8 frames per angle and chose the sharpest one to post here. Indeed I think the drone is taking multiple 2 second shots and stacking them. I plan to go back to this location and shoot the bottom frame again as a set of 2 second images (probably 15 or so) and stack them to see how they compare to this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone