DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Day in San Francisco

Guess I better read the GGNRA regs. I really do try to stay within the law (not always successfully. Sounds like the FAA is the least restrictive of all the entities. At least they have an avenue of obtaining permission.

I'm eager to see your future videos!

Thanks for sharing... new pilot here and reside next to GGP. Have yet to do my first flight but not sure where I can go close to practice and be familiar with the controls. Seems like I have to go all the way out to Treasure Island, waiting on a few batteries so it'll be worth the trip.

I've never seen traffic so light. Especially on Lombard. Was it really 9:30 am when you shot that part?
Nice work.

Hi, Im currently visiting SF and stumbled onto this thread, was wondering if i can take off around Ferry Plaza and fly out into the sea?

Thanks

Love it and I never seen San Fran like that before. Great areas to shoot, very nice [emoji106][emoji106]

Hi, Im currently visiting SF and stumbled onto this thread, was wondering if i can take off around Ferry Plaza and fly out into the sea?

Thanks
You'll probably get heavy magnetic interference there. If I were you I'd fly using a Litchi Mission. That way, if you lose connectivity, your quad will complete the mission via GPS, and RTH. SF does not allow drone take offs/landings in city parks, I don't know if Ferry Plaza qualifies as a city park. Easy to check, though.

We want to do a sequel to A Day in San Francisco. Trouble is, weather for the weekend after Easter sucks. So we might do a midweek trip while weather is still good. More on this later........

He had never flown before. I did the first few takeoffs and landings for him, but he did all the rest of the flying, and all the videography. He did the postproduction work using Adobe Premier. Not bad, for a first time video, yes?
. we also put it on Vimeo, but it has to pause to load the buffer. Up there
Hauptmann, AKA Rich Robinson

If that is your son's first time flying, then I am truly in awe.

Reactions: Hauptmann
nice video im actually doing a video similar to this . have been here since october, been gettin a bunch of footage and going to compile it together to make a nice little video . question . where did you take off at lombard street ?

Used to go to San Francisco once or twice a month on business. Love that city. Your video caught many of my favorite areas. Very well done!!

We took off from just outside the tennis courts at the top of the hill. In the PM, we tried again, taking off from the intersection just below the curves. Footage was out of focus. Don't know why.

At the intersection there was quite a crowd of mostly Oriental spectators using hand-held cameras. Nobody minded us with our Mavic. Just as we were leaving, a car full of people stopped, and two guys got out with their Mavics. SF seems to be very tourist friendly, camera friendly and drone friendly. And what a place to fly!

nice video im actually doing a video similar to this . have been here since october, been gettin a bunch of footage and going to compile it together to make a nice little video . question . where did you take off at lombard street ?

Thank you! I've seen lot of your EXCELLENT work. To get a compliment from you is quite an honor.

Can't wait to see your SF stuff

Reactions: mikey201
I want to thank all of you for your welcome comments and your "likes". Makes us want to go out and do more.

Unfortunately, we still have to work for a living. :mad: LOL!

A night in San Francisco!

e3ea37bab36814afa9d8f3f0d91ab089.jpg

A night in San Francisco!

e3ea37bab36814afa9d8f3f0d91ab089.jpg

Really nice shot indeed! I always think about people having a house next to one of those touristy spots, and how they deal with all those people always there to film and visit the place :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143