DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is my first time using YouTube Editor . I dont think its for me , what do y'all think?

• I have used Youtube Editor and i like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can we make a fuss about the FAA 500ft and 2000ft? ;)

Suggestion: Im trying to get smooth pans and tilts with mine also- try thinking of moving the camera diagonally across and down at thensame time, its helping my shots a lot. Nice misic too!

Maybe what are you taking about ? they ant a 2000ft faa rule ? its vlos unless you are the FAA and you rewrote the rule just before you posted .
500ft I pan the camera straight down does it look like 500ft ?? its more like 150ft

Clarify what your babbling bout ?:confused:

Sorry- its 2000’ from a cloud and no less than 500’ below it as per FAA rules... drone fliers should know this stuff.

The suggestions were just that, I do the same things and it helps to see it. I should post mine ip for constructive critiques too.
If this is true I don't know it .
But I will say to everyone if he isn't right he will be soon the FAA is about to release a lot of new rules, guide lines and restrictions . so videos like this in the near future will be prohibited

Reactions: Big buzzer
Yeah, that 500’ below the base rule often grounds me when we get marine layers here, and the clouds must be over 900ft for me to be able to climb to 400ft AGL.

Im so tempted to do what you did, clouds are very mesmerizing, especially in time lapse!
hey , your only fault is living in California , lol move to hills of Tennessee n you wont have those kinda problems !
I still cant find the FAA rules your quoting . but i agree about the clouds i am hoping fate , timing , opertunity line up for me to get a above the clouds timelaps near a mountain edge ! it will be AMAZING :cool:

Reactions: Grimrpr13 and AMann
I want to make a timelapse sometime of a rainstorm going through a valley here, too- so I got a clock drive to pan my still camera
when we get a good thunderstorm. They dont happen a lot here, nothing like you guys get back east! Oh well. Keep flying!

Reactions: Former Member
I want to make a timelapse sometime of a rainstorm going through a valley here, too- so I got a clock drive to pan my still camera
when we get a good thunderstorm. They dont happen a lot here, nothing like you guys get back east! Oh well. Keep flying!
Subscribe then request , I will provide what you seek ! ;)

Veiw and subscribe to my
YouTube I need your support to continue !
please add suggestions for future Videos

Sorry, I’m not trying to be a Barney the Drone Cop, and I like your work and all, but doing stuff like the 2 mile attempt is going to give us all trouble with the sport if a lot of people keep trying to do things like that...
I didn't make it Spoiler alert ! its in the description didn't you read?
about 5999 ft I lose sight and bring it back. I could have gone father but didn't

Sorry, I’m not trying to be a Barney the Drone Cop, and I like your work and all, but doing stuff like the 2 mile attempt is going to give us all trouble with the sport if a lot of people keep trying to do things like that...

Insert facepalm emojii here...

You got a problem with me personally ? I don't understand it . wished it wasn't so but you do??!??

why is the obvious question but if you got a DEAL with me it doesn't Matter Why . you are always going to find fault in what I do … you will be the first I ignore here , Sad though

If this is true I don't know it .
But I will say to everyone if he isn't right he will be soon the FAA is about to release a lot of new rules, guide lines and restrictions . so videos like this in the near future will be prohibited
Now the definition of cloud - these while looking like clouds are probably more ground fog or compression. Doubt your going to find a general aviation aircraft within the scud. You certainly couldn't get 500' beneath them without impacting the ground, trees or rocks maybe..

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Now the definition of cloud - these while looking like clouds are probably more ground fog or compression. Doubt your going to find a general aviation aircraft within the scud. You certainly couldn't get 500' beneath them without impacting the ground, trees or rocks maybe..

In meteorology, a cloud is an aerosol consisting of a visible mass of minute liquid droplets, frozen crystals, or other particles suspended in the atmosphere of a planetary body.[1]Water or various other chemicals may compose the droplets and crystals. On Earth, clouds are formed as a result of saturation of the air when it is cooled to its dew point, or when it gains sufficient moisture (usually in the form of water vapor) from an adjacent source to raise the dew point to the ambient temperature. They are seen in the Earth's homosphere(which includes the troposphere, stratosphere, and mesosphere). Nephology is the science of clouds, which is undertaken in the cloud physics branch of meteorology.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 06.28.38.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 06.28.38.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Roy Rogers
I am confused by this thread seeing posters commenting and quoting on posts I don’t see
And it gets pretty personal. Where is Dirk to yell at them like he yelled at me.

Sorry for the confusion on Roy’s thread. I apologized to him and we discussed this in email, and all is good. I redacted my posts where I made suggestions referencing the rules, so the apparent inconsistency here is my fault.

My two cents: I can't possibly see where flying above a cloud thats 150' AGL isn't totally safe. As someone else mentioned, no pilot of a manned aircraft should ever be in that airspace. However, I just tested and passed my part 104. The FAA says that if you can't stay 500' below or 2,000' horozintally away from clouds, you shouldn't be in the air. Again, I don't agree, but I also don't make the rules.

Reactions: aneal321
My two cents: I can't possibly see where flying above a cloud thats 150' AGL isn't totally safe. As someone else mentioned, no pilot of a manned aircraft should ever be in that airspace. However, I just tested and passed my part 104. The FAA says that if you can't stay 500' below or 2,000' horozintally away from clouds, you shouldn't be in the air. Again, I don't agree, but I also don't make the rules.

I don't quite understand how anyone could know exactly how many feet from, under , over a cloud they are . If that becomes rule ,staying away from clouds altogether is probably best .

Before making a fuss about FAA 400ft please read YouTube video description
Thanks for watching

Rather than telling people to read the YouTube description, why not just post that info here with the video??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU