DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few clues to help with disorientation

Gavinwr27

Reactions
  1. i've been reading a lot of threads from new flyers about anxiety and nervousness. I thought these couple of tips might be of help.

1. When flying towards yourself you will have to reverse your inputs on the directional sticks. How to remember to do this? Think 'red light -reversi'. So when you can see the red light you know it’s time to 'reversi' your inputs;
  2. When flying across the field directly in front of you left to right or right to left. Think 'nose it in or tail it away'. Pushing the directional stick towards the nose of the aircraft will turn it toward you, pushing it towards the tail of the aircraft wil turn it away from you.
These little memory tips were drummed into me when I first started flying RC aircraft and they have served me well. Maybe you will find them helpful also.

Happy flying.

good stuff, when filming you can quite often disorientate. generally I use the sun for positioning when focused on composition and tracking, it does take a solid 1 or 2 seconds before I get adjusted to head home

Reactions: Irish-apple
Nice tips! Thanks for sharing!

IMG_0179.PNG Also, use your radar screen if youre not sure which direction it is headed. It never lies. It's the round screen in lower left of the screen shot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54