DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few Mavic 2 batteries in the past year+after fully charging, message says only enough voltage for RTH.Return to home now.

offtheback

Reactions
Get message when turning on drone-not motors.Can't start motors.No voltage readout in settings.When shutting battery off the 1 light blink does not happen,just shuts off.Just received a replacement battery from DJI for one that did that and the replacement did that too..Have 7 other batteries of various ages that work fine.

A battery that abruptly loses power right after a full charge would almost certainly result in the sudden crash of the drone. It is alarming to hear that a new DJI warranty replacement battery failed in exactly the same way. The odds of such a battery failure occurring are very low, and hearing that it has happened to multiple batteries that you own suggests there might be another possible causative factor to consider.

Perhaps if you have more than one battery charger, you could use a different charger to top of your M2P batteries to eliminate the possibility that the charger you normally use might be problematic.

Get message when turning on drone-not motors.Can't start motors.No voltage readout in settings.When shutting battery off the 1 light blink does not happen,just shuts off.Just received a replacement battery from DJI for one that did that and the replacement did that too..Have 7 other batteries of various ages that work fine.
In the app main menu, take a look at the battery tab. If it can communicate with the battery maintenance chip: it will show you the charge state of all four cells. See if the battery state readout works immediately after charging. If after charging: one of the cells shows a lower voltage than the others (>0.03 or more), it is probably gassing, or shorting. This wouldn't be the first time a 'new' (read: reconditioned - they're no longer manufactured) battery from DJI turned out to be duff.

Just out of interest, what was the cycle count for the original dodgy battery and which battery charger are you using?

Last edited:
In the app main menu, take a look at the battery tab. If it can communicate with the battery maintenance chip: it will show you the charge state of all four cells. See if the battery state readout works immediately after charging. If after charging: one of the cells shows a lower voltage than the others (>0.03 or more), it is probably gassing, or shorting. This wouldn't be the first time a 'new' (read: reconditioned - they're no longer manufactured) battery from DJI turned out to be duff.

Just out of interest, what was the cycle count for the original dodgy battery and which battery charger are you using?
I have charged these batteries both in one of 2 DJI single chargers and a Hantora 1-4 at a time.I have,after the issue discharged in the Hanatora and recharged(nohelp).When this issue happens there is no readout on the battery in the app.Some of the batteries this happens to have 30-70 cycle counts and all are well cared for(never left charged or discharged for more than 1/2 a day.After flying full ones are disharged to 50% as are the ones usually at 20-25% after landing.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
The only thing I can suggest is to check the ambient temperature and whether the battery is physically cold when you try to charge it... one reason for a battery refusing to charge. There'll also be an LED flash-code on the battery when it is connected to the charger: telling you what the problem is (they're listed in the user manual).

If it isn't a fault listed in the flash-codes - I'd hazard a guess that either the BMS board in the battery has crapped out, or there's a physical fault with one or more of the 4 internal cells which will cause the BMS to kill the battery as a safety measure.

Start a customer services/complaint thread with DJI and get them to sort the problem out again.

The only thing I can suggest is to check the ambient temperature and whether the battery is physically cold when you try to charge it... one reason for a battery refusing to charge. There'll also be an LED flash-code on the battery when it is connected to the charger: telling you what the problem is (they're listed in the user manual).

If it isn't a fault listed in the flash-codes - I'd hazard a guess that either the BMS board in the battery has crapped out, or there's a physical fault with one or more of the 4 internal cells which will cause the BMS to kill the battery as a safety measure.

Start a customer services/complaint thread with DJI and get them to sort the problem out again.
Thanks.The battery charges as per the lights.It's after an outing so the batteries have cooled.If I'm out and try to charge a warm battery,it just blinks and I remove it.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Thanks.The battery charges as per the lights.It's after an outing so the batteries have cooled.If I'm out and try to charge a warm battery,it just blinks and I remove it.
How many blinks and which of the four LED's doing it? Battery blink codes as follows.

1. The charging current is too high or the charger voltage is too high (LED 2 blinks twice per second or LED 3 blinks three times per second).
Use the standard provided charger and charging cable to charge the battery.

2. Short circuit detected/internal communication error (LED 2 blinks three times per second).
Please send the battery back to DJI for testing, and click to submit an Online Repair Request.

3. The battery voltage is too high due to overcharge (LED 3 blinks twice per second).
It is recommended to discharge the battery: Insert the battery into the aircraft, power on the aircraft to discharge the battery, and discharge to 1% before charging the battery. If the issue cannot be resolved through the above solution, please send the battery back to DJI for testing, and click to submit an Online Repair Request.

4. The charging temperature is too high or low (LED 4 blinks twice or three times per second).
Charge the battery at a suitable ambient temperature (5°C-40°C).
• The battery temperature is high after flight, so it is recommended to let it stand for about 10 minutes before charging.
• In a low-temperature environment, it is recommended to insert the battery into the aircraft before charging, power on the aircraft and warm up for 5 minutes, then power off the drone and remove the battery for charging.

5. The battery is damaged (four LEDs blink three times per second).
Please send the battery back to DJI for testing, and click to submit an Online Repair Request.

If your battery cannot be charged, the indicator does not blink during charging or the blinking pattern of the indicator does not fall under any of the above situations, please send the battery back for inspection and click to submit an Online Repair Request.

source: DJI customer care.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin