DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic 2 Pro only a few days after purchasing! "flyaway" Never returned home

Status
Not open for further replies.

asage

Reactions
I purchased my Mavic Pro 2 on Amazon and received it on March 2nd, 2020! I flew it around my house about 3 different occasions just to make sure I was still confident of myself since I previously owned the original Mavic pro but had sold it. I purchased some extra batteries and a case as well as the DJI Care for my drone. I wanted to go somewhere in LA to get great shots and looked up places I could fly and registered my drone with the FAA. After about an hour's drive, I arrive to LA and find a nice park where I can take off from and land when the drone returns home. I started it and it asked to be calibrated so I made sure I did so. Everything seemed good and I was ready for take-off. I flew it around for a couple of minutes messing with the photos and then landed at 90% battery. I then began another flight at 90% battery and was getting awesome video of the city, but I continued to get all types of interference and seemed to have no control of the drone. The battery was at about 30% and the drone was about 1500 feet away and I hit the return home button several times. It seemed it was having trouble doing so. Then out of nowhere, my screen goes grey as if the camera is close to an object, but I still cannot move the drone or the gimbal. I had zero control as stated before. My heart sank! I told my friend to wait at the home location in case it does return as I set off looking for it. I spent over 5 hours looking for this drone and couldn't locate it. I spoke with apartment managers and businesses to see if it was on their roof or something and still nothing. I tried contacting DJI but they're closed over the weekend! You'd think a company like DJI, they would have 24/7 customer support, but far from it. I finally give up and go home. I contact DJI via Facebook messenger to inform them and they began a case for me. They asked for me to sync my flight data. I finally was able to convert the TXT files via airdata.com and i am still very confused. All its showing the whole time is warnings and errors that I did not receive and that the return home function was initiated several times but it just couldn't see saying ambient light too weak, and the last warning is battery critically low, auto-landing. I hope they don't try and pin this on me. What do you guys think? ill upload my TXT file. Do you think they will replace it? Even with the DJi Care "insurance", I bought too?

Here is what the TXT file says on airdata.com
Flight time
Altitude​
Home DistTypeNotification
A00m 10s0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to Motors_Started
B00m 10s0.0 ft0 ftWarningYour aircraft has entered a Warning Zone (Airport). Please fly with caution.
C00m 11s0.0 ft0 ftTipSetting new Return-To-Home altitude to 50m (164 ft). Data Recorder File Index is 18. Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 350m (1148 ft)
00m 11s0.0 ft0 ft
airdata-kml-bat-90p.png
90% Battery
D00m 11s0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to AutoTakeoff
E00m 13s0.0 ft1 ftTipHome Point Recorded. RTH Altitude: 50m.
F00m 13s0.7 ft1 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
G00m 14s3.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
H00m 14s3.0 ft0 ftTipObstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route
I00m 32s7.2 ft1 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
J00m 58s18.0 ft11 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
K02m 01s55.8 ft21 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
02m 53s132.9 ft82 ft
airdata-kml-bat-80p.png
80% Battery
L03m 42s239.2 ft174 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
M03m 43s252.9 ft217 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
N04m 18s367.1 ft1,610 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
O04m 21s367.4 ft1,666 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
P04m 25s366.1 ft1,764 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
Q04m 28s366.5 ft1,785 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
R04m 29s366.8 ft1,784 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
S05m 42s399.6 ft1,763 ftTipFlight altitude exceeds 120 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization
05m 46s381.2 ft1,774 ft
airdata-kml-bat-70p.png
70% Battery
T06m 02s404.9 ft1,826 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
U06m 04s405.2 ft1,806 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
V06m 48s340.5 ft1,797 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
W06m 56s336.6 ft1,797 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
X07m 18s306.8 ft1,797 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
Y07m 23s261.5 ft1,800 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
Z07m 26s252.9 ft1,811 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
a07m 35s259.5 ft1,807 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
b07m 46s289.4 ft1,819 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
c07m 59s334.3 ft1,819 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
d08m 00s322.8 ft1,821 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
e08m 50s200.1 ft1,896 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 30.5 seconds
f08m 50s200.1 ft1,896 ftModeMode changed to Go_Home
08m 50s202.1 ft1,896 ft
airdata-kml-bat-60p.png
60% Battery
g08m 51s207.3 ft1,894 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
h09m 01s246.7 ft1,865 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
i09m 02s246.4 ft1,865 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
j09m 18s216.5 ft1,682 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
k09m 32s358.3 ft1,621 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
l09m 54s408.5 ft1,972 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
m09m 55s408.8 ft1,972 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
n10m 02s409.4 ft1,969 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
o10m 39s444.9 ft1,972 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
p10m 41s474.4 ft1,990 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Backward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
q10m 44s505.9 ft1,969 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
r11m 06s505.9 ft1,967 ftWarningNot Allowed to change Aircraft Mode. If needed, enable it in Main Controller Settings.
s11m 14s505.6 ft1,967 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 7 seconds
t11m 14s505.6 ft1,967 ftModeMode changed to Go_Home
u11m 14s505.2 ft1,967 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
v11m 14s505.2 ft1,967 ftWarningNot Allowed to change Aircraft Mode. If needed, enable it in Main Controller Settings.
w11m 18s508.2 ft1,970 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
11m 36s511.1 ft1,965 ft
airdata-kml-bat-50p.png
50% Battery
14m 22s808.4 ft1,836 ft
airdata-kml-bat-40p.png
40% Battery
x14m 43s763.8 ft1,912 ftWarningNot Allowed to change Aircraft Mode. If needed, enable it in Main Controller Settings. (repeated 2 times)
y14m 49s714.2 ft1,907 ftWarningNot Allowed to change Aircraft Mode. If needed, enable it in Main Controller Settings. (repeated 3 times)
z15m 10s809.7 ft1,894 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 17.5 seconds
A15m 10s809.7 ft1,894 ftModeMode changed to Go_Home
B15m 17s811.0 ft1,842 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
C15m 21s810.7 ft1,836 ftWarningAdjust antenna and avoid signal block.
D16m 41s829.4 ft2,000 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
E16m 43s843.5 ft2,007 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
F16m 46s854.6 ft2,034 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Forward/Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
G16m 47s854.3 ft2,034 ftTipAmbient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight
17m 03s912.1 ft2,051 ft
airdata-kml-bat-30p.png
30% Battery
H17m 04s911.4 ft2,057 ftWarningStrong Interference to Remote Controller. Signal interruption maybe more likely. Fly with caution.
17m 45s1001.3 ft2,197 ft
airdata-kml-bat-20p.png
28% Battery at maximum distance
I18m 07s1005.6 ft2,135 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 21.2 seconds
J18m 07s1005.6 ft2,135 ftModeMode changed to Go_Home
K18m 14s1005.2 ft1,876 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
L19m 04s1141.1 ft1,841 ftWarningMax Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary
M19m 22s1143.0 ft1,660 ftWarningMax Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary
19m 45s1148.0 ft1,676 ft
airdata-kml-bat-20p.png
20% Battery
N20m 40s1133.8 ft1,677 ftModeMode changed to AutoLanding
O20m 40s1133.8 ft1,677 ftTipCritically Low Power. Aircraft Landing
P21m 43s542.0 ft1,707 ftWarningStrong Interference to Remote Controller. Signal interruption maybe more likely. Fly with caution.
Q22m 17s221.1 ft1,710 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 33.2 seconds
22m 17s217.2 ft1,710 ft
airdata-kml-bat-10p.png
10% Battery

Explanation

Downlink data connection lost ( Data Loss ) means that the remote got partial or no flight data from the aircraft for more than 1 second, which means the data downlink had issues.

It is possible that during this time there is a sense of full control of the aircraft via the remote as well as clear video, however typically the video gets choppy and the remote controls may have some delay.

This is typically an indication that the aircraft was flying in a high interference area or that distance was a negative factor. In these conditions the aircraft is at higher risk of initiating the Return-To-Home function.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-03-06_[20-18-00].txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Heres a screenshot of the map and exactly what the drone did.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.34.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.34.17 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 538
I'm not sure about this one. I generally avoid passing comment on lost aircraft cases, but this flight was simply criminal. You flew at up to 1150 ft AGL above the city - obviously with no regard to what was below the aircraft or in any position to take evasive action from other traffic. It lost connection three times because the signal was blocked by buildings, and each time retraced it's flight path to regain signal. But you just kept going, and eventually it went into smart battery RTH, which you then canceled and continued to climb, until it hit the smart battery autoland level and began to descend. Not surprisingly it lost signal again behind a building, and then entered the autoland procedure.

Battery.png

This was reckless, negligent, illegal and incompetent piloting. Exactly where it ended up is clear from the flight log, but I'm not going to help you recover it. As it happens recovery is unlikely.

I'm not sure about this one. I generally avoid passing comment on lost aircraft cases, but this flight was simply criminal. You flew at up to 1150 ft AGL above the city - obviously with no regard to what was below the aircraft or in any position to take evasive action from other traffic. It lost connection three times because the signal was blocked by buildings, and each time retraced it's flight path to regain signal. But you just kept going, and eventually it went into smart battery RTH, which you then canceled and continued to climb, until it hit the smart battery autoland level and began to descend. Not surprisingly it lost signal again behind a building, and then entered the autoland procedure.

View attachment 96241

This was reckless, negligent, illegal and incompetent piloting. Exactly where it ended up is clear from the flight log, but I'm not going to help you recover it. As it happens recovery is unlikely.
When viewing the replay of the joysticks it’s clear that I did not move it in that fashion as it moved itself and anytime I tried it would seem to do the opposite. I’m not even sure how to do what you’re claiming. All I know is return home. I would never cancel it. I tried returning home several times. It may seem criminal but I’m not the criminal. You’re telling me that this was all on my own doing any no interference? For the first 40% of the flight, yes.. but after that everything gets bad.. recovery now after a couple days? Not likely at all..

View attachment 96241

As soon as it lost connection and began doing its own thing I hit return home, if it was doing that I would have left it as such especially with the battery getting so low. I wouldn’t want to keep going.

When viewing the replay of the joysticks it’s clear that I did not move it in that fashion as it moved itself and anytime I tried it would seem to do the opposite. I’m not even sure how to do what you’re claiming. All I know is return home. I would never cancel it. I tried returning home several times. It may seem criminal but I’m not the criminal. You’re telling me that this was all on my own doing any no interference? For the first 40% of the flight, yes.. but after that everything gets bad.. recovery now after a couple days? Not likely at all..

Here are all your throttle commands, which correspond exactly with the aircraft climb:

Climb.png

And here is the same look at your elevator commands, which correlate with pitch:

Pitch_1.png

And here is rudder / yaw:

Yaw.png

The aircraft behaved exactly as you commanded, other than when it was retracing track to regain signal and when it autolanded at the end.

Your drone has auto landed on or next to the tree outside this hotel :

1583808296855.png

I would never cancel it. I tried returning home several times.

pressing the RTH button on the RC while the drone is going home will cancel the RTH task so it's likely that you have cancelled it.

this was all on my own doing any no interference? For the first 40% of the flight, yes.. but after that everything gets bad..

There may be some interference but the major cause of signal interruption is the drone going behind the building next to you for multiple times. This is not a military drone which can be controlled from the other side of the globe. You have to keep it in line of sight in order to control it.

1583809213671.png

Last edited:
Here are all your throttle commands, which correspond exactly with the aircraft climb:

View attachment 96244

And here is the same look at your elevator commands, which correlate with pitch:

View attachment 96245

And here is rudder / yaw:

View attachment 96246

The aircraft behaved exactly as you commanded, other than when it was retracing track to regain signal and when it autolanded at the end.

then explain how the video of the txt data shows my drone flying backwards? All the crazy directions, trajectories and misdirection. Heading further away, pausing still with no moment multiple times. Why would anyone intentionally do this? If I hit return home multiple times, why go further away? It was doing its own thing. Every action had a reverse reaction as if the compass was off or something.. the drone was trying to return home but couldn’t.. did I try to help it or do what I could to help? Absolutely. And retracing track to regain signal would indicate that signal was eventually regained, but still head the opposite direction? I’m seeking help into this issue as I’m devastated and feel like you’re being rude about it. Saying you would help me recover it but won’t and so fourth.Where it took off from was an open field, a park with a large building at the end. I flew towards it and did reach a higher elevation of that building but in clear sight. Also I don’t know how to interpret any of that data. I’ll try and post a link of the video from airdata. Sorry for not separating paragraphs and sounding childish. I’m just a noob who wanted to enjoy his drone and was ( Mod Removed )The drone should return home regardless of signal loss. It can’t be anticipated.

Last edited by a moderator:
then explain how the video of the txt data shows my drone flying backwards? All the crazy directions, trajectories and misdirection....

I have checked the second half of the flight on the player of PhantomHelp but I could not see any of the mentioned problems.

Reactions: E90RAW
Well not that flying over 400ft at all is legal, I was a bit worried when it said in the log that he got an airport warning on top of it all. But I checked the location and it seems to be pretty well into class G airspace. Why did it warn him?

Those low ambient light warnings. Was he flying at night too? Or some kind of problem with the vision sensors?

Reactions: Johnsrog and E90RAW
Your drone has auto landed on or next to the tree outside this hotel :

View attachment 96247

pressing the RTH button on the RC while the drone is going home will cancel the RTH task so it's likely that you have cancelled it.

There may be some interference but the major cause of signal interruption is the drone going behind the building next to you for multiple times. This is not a military drone which can be controlled from the other side of the globe. You have to keep it in line of sight in order to control it.

View attachment 96250
Wow you’re right then!! Because I continued hitting return home when losing connection and the battery running low, however it just wouldn’t. So maybe I canceled it and restarted it a bunch. Thank you for helping me locate it! I was just about to post a comment asking if it’s possible it’s in that tree right there. Because it shows the last elevation it had was around 200 feet. I’m an hour away from that area tho and after all that time looking already I felt like it was either on a rooftop or stolen. It’s been essentially 3 days since this happened and every second that passes is a lower percentage chance I’ll find it. But if you think it’s in that tree, I’ll drive there now. On the dji go app i just saw an option for the drone to flash and make noise! So I’d be more likely to find it

Reactions: maven4336
then explain how the video of the txt data shows my drone flying backwards? All the crazy directions, trajectories and misdirection. Heading further away, pausing still with no moment multiple times.

The aircraft responded to your stick inputs. Look at the graphs above. It flew backwards when you applied reverse elevator. It was stationary when you had no stick inputs applied. Here it is in terms of velocity forwards together with elevator. Negative values are backwards:

Vel_forwards.png

Why would anyone intentionally do this?

Only you can answer that question.
If I hit return home multiple times, why go further away? It was doing its own thing.

A combination of happenstance and you not understanding how this works. No RC RTH commands were registered in the log, which means that if you pressed the button it was during the periods of disconnect when the aircraft was behind a building - except for when you cancelled the smart battery RTH.
Every action had a reverse reaction as if the compass was off or something.. the drone was trying to return home but couldn’t.. did I try to help it or do what I could to help? Absolutely. And retracing track to regain signal would indicate that signal was eventually regained, but still head the opposite direction?

That may be your impression, but the data clearly show that's not what happened - the aircraft responded correctly to all your inputs.
I’m seeking help into this issue as I’m devastated and feel like you’re being rude about it. Saying you would help me recover it but won’t and so fourth.

I'm not going to help you find it because I'm appalled at your irresponsible piloting. Perhaps you would like to explain why you thought flying at 1150 ft AGL over a highly populated area was either legal or reasonable? Do you even know the legal limit for altitude? At this point you should be more worried about whether anyone decides to forward this flight log to your local FSDO than being offended by a frank assessment of what you did. Publicly posting that log was extremely unwise.
Where it took off from was an open field, a park with a large building at the end. I flew towards it and did reach a higher elevation of that building but in clear sight. Also I don’t know how to interpret any of that data. I’ll try and post a link of the video from airdata. Sorry for not separating paragraphs and sounding childish. I’m just a noob who wanted to enjoy his drone and was screwed. The drone should return home regardless of signal loss. It can’t be anticipated.

Where you took off from is irrelevant. You flew dangerously and illegally. And the aircraft tried to return home and would have returned home if you hadn't continued to mess with controls that you clearly don't understand. At least it did the next best thing - it landed somewhat under control rather than falling from a great height - which would have been the outcome had you continued that flight without FC intervention.

Wow you’re right then!! Because I continued hitting return home when losing connection and the battery running low, however it just wouldn’t. So maybe I canceled it and restarted it a bunch. Thank you for helping me locate it! I was just about to post a comment asking if it’s possible it’s in that tree right there. Because it shows the last elevation it had was around 200 feet. I’m an hour away from that area tho and after all that time looking already I felt like it was either on a rooftop or stolen. It’s been essentially 3 days since this happened and every second that passes is a lower percentage chance I’ll find it. But if you think it’s in that tree, I’ll drive there now. On the dji go app i just saw an option for the drone to flash and make noise! So I’d be more likely to find it

I don't think it can flash and make noise if the battery is dead but I might be wrong

.... I continued hitting return home when losing connection and the battery running low, however it just wouldn’t.....

The drone will autoland when the battery is below some threshold. It will not do RTH anymore. Autoland cannot be cancelled but the drone will still respond to stick inputs. What you should have done is to stop the descent by pushing the throttle fully up and manually fly the drone back to the home point.

Reactions: E90RAW and Gindra
Well not that flying over 400ft at all is legal, I was a bit worried when it said in the log that he got an airport warning on top of it all. But I checked the location and it seems to be pretty well into class G airspace. Why did it warn him?

Those low ambient light warnings. Was he flying at night too? Or some kind of problem with the vision sensors?

He was flying under a 2500 ft Class B shelf, so uncontrolled. I don't see any airspace warnings - these were the app warnings during the flight - including one warning that the flight was likely illegal due to the height. The other warnings are due to the VPS and OA systems being unable to work at night:

13.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
14.9,OBSTACLE AVOIDED. REVISE FLIGHT ROUTE
32.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
58.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
121.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARDOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
222.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
223.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
258.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
261.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
265.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
268.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
269.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
342.5,FLIGHT ALTITUDE EXCEEDS 120 M. MAY VIOLATE LOCAL POLICIES AND REGULATIONS. ENSURE YOU HAVE OBTAINED PROPER AIRSPACE AUTHORIZATION
362.7,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
364.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
408.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
416.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
438.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARDOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
443.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
446.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
455.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
466.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
479.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
480.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
531.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
541.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
558.7,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
572.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
594.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
595.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
602.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
639.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
641.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
644.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
674.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1001.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1003.0,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1006.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1007.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1240.8,CRITICALLY LOW POWER. AIRCRAFT LANDING

He was flying under a 2500 ft Class B shelf, so uncontrolled. I don't see any airspace warnings - these were the app warnings during the flight - including one warning that the flight was likely illegal due to the height. The other warnings are due to the VPS and OA systems being unable to work at night:

13.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
14.9,OBSTACLE AVOIDED. REVISE FLIGHT ROUTE
32.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
58.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
121.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARDOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
222.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
223.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
258.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
261.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
265.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
268.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
269.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
342.5,FLIGHT ALTITUDE EXCEEDS 120 M. MAY VIOLATE LOCAL POLICIES AND REGULATIONS. ENSURE YOU HAVE OBTAINED PROPER AIRSPACE AUTHORIZATION
362.7,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
364.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
408.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
416.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
438.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARDOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
443.1,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
446.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
455.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
466.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
479.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
480.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
531.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
541.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
558.7,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
572.8,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
594.5,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
595.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
602.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
639.2,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
641.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/BACKWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
644.6,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
674.4,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1001.9,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1003.0,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1006.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, FORWARD/VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1007.3,AMBIENT LIGHT TOO WEAK, VISION POSITIONINGOBSTACLE SENSING IS UNAVAILABLE.ϼPLEASE ENSURE SAFETY DURING THE FLIGHT
1240.8,CRITICALLY LOW POWER. AIRCRAFT LANDING

This is what it says before he took off.

Your aircraft has entered a Warning Zone (Airport). Please fly with caution.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

I have checked the second half of the flight on the player of PhantomHelp but I could not see any of the mentioned problems.
View it on airdata.com and watch the video. It’s where I got the information in my original post from that’s copied and pasted. So either the drone was flying backwards (which the warning kept saying rear camera not functioning or what ever) or the drone thought it was facing the opposite direction meaning its gps was off. Same thing happened to Don Joyce and posted an excellent video on YouTube explaining what happened using the same website.

Oh right - that's just a DJI Geo warning zone for some kind of heliport - not anything of regulatory significance.

View attachment 96254

OK thanks, that solves the mystery. On airmap it only shows small red circles for those heliports, far from where he was flying. Didn't occur to me to check the DJI geofencing map as well.

Do the log say he was flying at night time? I'm still wondering why so many low light warnings or if it's a faulty vision sensor.

Reactions: E90RAW
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61