DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Folding Spark?

They should not put that under the Mavic Brand, a Spark Pro maybe but not a Mavic.

I was hoping for an upgraded Mavic ie better Camera etc but instead we get this, granted I'd buy this over the standard spark but if you own a Mavic then no interest unless they have some surprises.

Looks like Autel may still have a Mavic killer after all.

Reactions: Lopez0015
The only thing I don’t like is the non folding props. Just doesn’t look right. Can anyone tell if the MPP ones might fit?

That 32 MP is an unusually high resolution for a cell-phone size (1/2.3 in) sensor. It would be ~6500 pixels wide. I hope it won't compromise other aspects of image quality, especially in video. It is going to require a lot of horsepower to downscale that resolution to 4K, if it does full-sensor readout at 60fps ... The Mavic Pro's resolution is such that it requires no scaling at all for 4K.

That 32 MP is an unusually high resolution for a cell-phone size (1/2.3 in) sensor. It would be ~6500 pixels wide. I hope it won't compromise other aspects of image quality, especially in video. It is going to require a lot of horsepower to downscale that resolution to 4K, if it does full-sensor readout at 60fps ... The Mavic Pro's resolution is such that it requires no scaling at all for 4K.

It's unlikely to be a 32MP camera. It'll be 32MP when it takes pano/globe images.

It's unlikely to be a 32MP camera. It'll be 32MP when it takes pano/globe images.

Ah, that makes sense. I just couldn't believe that it would really get a 32 MP sensor, with everything that requires (sharp lens, processing). Probably it'll be the usual 12 MP resolution.

I checked the leaked box photo carefully. It does indeed say "32MP spherical panorama" (in Chinese).

Curved lines, but not as badass looking as the Mavic, imho.

Honestly, that's the biggest thing here. This SCREAMS cheaper than a Mavic Pro/ more expensive than a Spark. The Mavic Pro really does look badass. Every time I see the Phantom series I throw up in my mouth a little. The Mavic has such presence.

Reactions: Neebles
Shout out to whoever did those teaser photos DJI released initially... looks way cooler in those shots than it does in real life! That thing is ugly, IMO. Not Mavic-y at all. Definitely should have been the Spark 2 or Spark Pro or something like that.

Shout out to whoever did those teaser photos DJI released initially... looks way cooler in those shots than it does in real life! That thing is ugly, IMO. Not Mavic-y at all. Definitely should have been the Spark 2 or Spark Pro or something like that.
I agree, Spark Pro

Reactions: Neebles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423