DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little clarification, we'll maybe alot

jljbtm

Reactions
I received my new Mavic pro a few days ago but have not flown it yet. I just don't understand the basic connections or the difference between RC & Wifi?
Out of the box and after charging everything up and downloading mavic pro software whats next? I want to start out in beginner mode but don't know how that's accomplished? Is that using a wifi connection between the Mavic and my controller? Or my phone? Or is it using my phone only without controller? I'm really grateful for this group of people to be able to ask, as I'm not finding the basic directions very helpful.
Jack

Beginner Mode limits the distance you're able to fly away from the home point. You can find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Beginner-Mode.jpg

You can fly in Beginner Mode when flying with either the remote controller or just your mobile device. It's much easier to fly with the remote controller, so that would probably be the best option for you since you're new to the Mavic.

I received my new Mavic pro a few days ago but have not flown it yet. I just don't understand the basic connections or the difference between RC & Wifi?
Out of the box and after charging everything up and downloading mavic pro software whats next? I want to start out in beginner mode but don't know how that's accomplished? Is that using a wifi connection between the Mavic and my controller? Or my phone? Or is it using my phone only without controller? I'm really grateful for this group of people to be able to ask, as I'm not finding the basic directions very helpful.
Jack
Make sure you check out the .pdf manual on DJI's website, it is not included in the packaging.

I would watch at least a couple youtube videos - lots of good ones - just to get a feel for how it all works.

I have watched several videos but could not find like the "quick start guide" you know an abbreviated manual

I have watched several videos but could not find like the "quick start guide" you know an abbreviated manual
A hard copy of the quick start guide came packed with your Mavic in the box.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89