DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A little pond at sunrise

No filters. I stopped using them years ago.
It's much cheaper, easier and have more control in Photoshop.

Last edited:
Reactions: a2tomm and maggior
No filter. I stopped using them years ago.
It's much cheaper, easier and have more control in Photoshop.
ill quote my 4 year old:”Daddy,it looks like magic”….😄

• Love
Reactions: DanJ
Fantastic. The points of interest are photogenic, and timing is everything when catching a sunrise or sunset. The reflection in the pond from the clouds reflecting the sunrise was timed just right! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

A long since abandoned gravel pit in Alberta, Canada just before sunrise.
View attachment 155734
It's a beautiful shot, and I absolutely agree with your comment of using Photoshop instead of filters. I took that suggestion, and I tried to open the shadows, and increase the detail and structure of the clouds with the Adobe Photoshop masking tool. I selected sky first, edited it, then INVERTED the mask selection, and increased the shadow details of the foreground. I think I over did it a bit in the foreground but you get the idea.Edited with Masking tool.jpg

It's a beautiful shot, and I absolutely agree with your comment of using Photoshop instead of filters. I took that suggestion, and I tried to open the shadows, and increase the detail and structure of the clouds with the Adobe Photoshop masking tool. I selected sky first, edited it, then INVERTED the mask selection, and increased the shadow details of the foreground. I think I over did it a bit in the foreground but you get the idea.View attachment 155775
Thank you for the advice.
It's now too flat on my calibrated monitor the way that you edited it.

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by "too flat on my calibrated monitor." During the editing, I actually did flatten the layers in Photoshop as I first edited the sky, the inverted sky (foreground) and the caption.

I went back and added my work flow- Add this to work flow...After Camera Raw Filter- select the masking toolWork flow.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke