DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little trick...

Arubabiker

Reactions
Hi, first time posting.
Have had my MA for about 2 weeks now.
And making some classic mistakes, forgetting the gimbal cover, forgetting to press record, and forgetting to insert the micro SD card.

I always like to label everything, so I attached a colored ribbon to the sd that sticks out. Now I can clearly see if it is inserted, without opening the cover.
Use minimal tape, otherwise it won’t sit tightly in the slot on your computer.
5C830829-5D0F-4EDA-8434-E24B28D7CEE2.jpeg

Good idea. However, as @WithTheBirds stated, add these to your pre-flight checklist. I use the KityHawk app and have all my checklist available right in the app.

Reactions: Arubabiker
I used to do this little trick where you can retrieve the SD card by applying a piece Scotch tape to it as shown in this video. I don't do this anymore since I have learned to pop out the card and grasp it with the tape. Here is the short video.

Hi, first time posting.
And making some classic mistakes, forgetting the gimbal cover, forgetting to press record, and forgetting to insert the micro SD card.

I always like to label everything, so I attached a colored ribbon to the sd that sticks out. Now I can clearly see if it is inserted, without opening the cover.
View attachment 77642
I never take mine out, problem solved.

Reactions: irpnetgb
Hi, first time posting.

View attachment 77642
I label everything. The drone body itself (inside the battery compartment), the batteries, the controller. But especially the drone, in case of loss. Put name and phone number on them...

Another "hack" - I use DOT high reflective tape all over my drones... in the unlikely event they go down I can search for them at dusk at last known position with down facing camera and lumecubes... experimented with it and works a charm... Also makes my drones appear more industrial and I tend to get less agro from the public...

Hi, first time posting.

View attachment 77642
You can also use Post-It tabs...like the notes, but smaller size to mark pages...lots of different colors, like hot pink!

I ordered 6 "Remove Before Flight" ribbons. Drilled a small hole in each gimble cover and attached with some strong thread.

As a new drone owner, I don't see your FAA registration number on your drone. Latest FAA guidance requires the number be in plain sight. Just checking.

OK, before I get smacked up, I made the mistake of assuming you're flying in the United States.
No prob, purchased in the States. Living and flying in Aruba. As of yet, no registration needed here. However, I have my name and phone number on it, just in case.
Downside of living in windsurfing and kitesurfing paradise... 99% of the time there’s toooo much wind ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan