DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Mavic Mini Newbie

Pidgeon

Reactions
Very glad to have found this forum, with so much useful info and helpful members.

I purchased the MM on amazon Prime Day deal today, then started reading up on the rules and tips for flying. I believe I understand them well enough, but will be grateful to get advice from the forum. I’m specifically looking to connect with anyone who flew in the South Bay Area, as I am looking for a good place for me to try the MM this weekend.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Everyone suggests a nice open area with little or NO trees or power lines or telephone wires to start.
As you learn to navigate you will become better at avoiding obstacles like that.
If you're new like me you tend to look down at your controller and monitor a lot.
Re-orientation and finding your little quad can take a few seconds then so don't fly too far away or too high at first.
Because my mini is grey it blends in with the clouds at times so I bought a little LED strobe which helps although it's mounted on the top which doesn't really help much if I gain a lot of altitude.
I hope that you enjoy your mini as much as I do. It's really fun watching the videos when your flights end.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Enjoy your new bird and Welcome to the forum !!! Do not hesitate to ask for help. Before opening a new thread, use the search tool because probably your questions have been answered before and will be more helpful.

Very glad to have found this forum, with so much useful info and helpful members.

I purchased the MM on amazon Prime Day deal today, then started reading up on the rules and tips for flying. I believe I understand them well enough, but will be grateful to get advice from the forum. I’m specifically looking to connect with anyone who flew in the South Bay Area, as I am looking for a good place for me to try the MM this weekend.
Welcome, Pidgeon. I hope you enjoy the mini and the forum.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost