DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A question about DJI Care Refresh

garlandf

Reactions
So... I crashed my mini 2 in a location that there is absolutely no way to get to.

I hit a cliff of rocks on the opposite side of a river. The drone was in visual line of sight. But the gray body is about the same color as the the cliff face. Below the location is rapids. It may have actually tumbled into the river itself.

I do have DJI Refresh Care. My question is how well they are they about replacing the drone and how long does it generally take? Also are they good about replacements or do they make it a hassle?

Thank you in advance.

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Unfortunately, I think you have to have the drone to send back to use the refresh.

There may be "Fly away" coverage available but it won't cover pilot error.

It looks like that I have the replacement coverage. It does indicate accidents are valid for replacement. There is a small fee or deductible I guess?

We shall see. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-090136_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-090136_Gmail.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 16
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my thinking is that replacement for 'pilot error accidents' is only honoured if you can send back some sort of wreckage with an identifiable serial no. of some sort and 'flyaway' replacement is for when the loss of the aircraft is proven o be outside the 'control' of the pilot. ie. Hardware, software or other......... etc.

Last edited:
It looks like that I have the replacement coverage. It does indicate accidents are valid for replacement. There is a small fee or deductible I guess?

We shall see. Lol
Have you contacted DJI support for assistance? Only DJ can answer your questions.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I tried. But they were closed in the USA for the holiday. I will find out tomorrow I suppose.

In the meantime I am receiving a new one shortly. I crashed this morning and ordered a new mini 2 from Amazon. It is currently 6 stops away from my location. I should get it in the next hour or so.

Unfortunately I was unable to contact DJI due to the holiday.

I have a DJI Store near me and I've found them about as helpful as a (derogatory term…). When I had questions about the Care Refresh, I went right to the "Horse's Mouth." When I had issues, my emails were answered on weekends, at night, both in the USA and China, and answered quickly.

GO to the DJI Web Site and submit your questions directly to DJI, not some associate that is in some store, somewhere, only concerned with selling the next Drone…

DJI FORUM

PS: when I bought my Care Refresh, I downloaded the policy and actually read it…

I have had one Mini 2 replaced under the Care Refresh (I crashed it…) and I've had one replaced under the DJI Warranty and they even included an extra set of propellers and a Coupon for a Free New Battery from the DJI Store with FREE Shipping due to the warranty issues. All of which I written about on this web site in the past….

Good Luck!

Reactions: FLDave
So... I crashed my mini 2 in a location that there is absolutely no way to get to.

I hit a cliff of rocks on the opposite side of a river. The drone was in visual line of sight. But the gray body is about the same color as the the cliff face. Below the location is rapids. It may have actually tumbled into the river itself.

I do have DJI Refresh Care. My question is how well they are they about replacing the drone and how long does it generally take? Also are they good about replacements or do they make it a hassle?

Thank you in advance.
Hi,
There is a flay-a-way type coverage. They have to be able to access your flught data, to prove the drone is lost. There more than likely will be a fee as well. ($100+) Two week turnaround is typical. When you call DJI, they will explain everything. Best of luck to you and your Mini!

My understanding is "fly away" replacement cost is higher than "refresh" where you return the crashed drone. Keep us informed, will help others.

My understanding is "fly away" replacement cost is higher than "refresh" where you return the crashed drone. Keep us informed, will help others.
Details are available from DJI support.

Once again I return to my tired old rhetoric, get the policy, read it... But for all good people everywhere the costs for a Mini 2 is... (each model is different...)

The first replacement cost for a crash is $49, the second crash replacement is $59, and the fly-away cost is $225.

After, this, you are on your own and if you do not have any replacements left, you cannot get a 2nd year of coverage...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580