DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A very useful easy 3 step technique to getting your Mavic footage to look polished and filmic

Along with my Mavic I recently bought myself an MacBook Pro with a full terabyte of hard drive space and coughed up the extra money for Final Cut Pro thinking this video editing will be awesome...... but I guess I've got a lot to learn. (I was doing some fun stuff with windows movie maker before and it seemed more logical to me for some reason) I actually ran into a little brick wall right off the get go, maybe one of you guys can clue me in. If I take my sd card out of the Mavic after shooting in 4K and put it into the Apple sd reader dongle I don't always see the video that I just took. However if I use a cable from the Mavic directly into the MacBook I can find it and transfer it easily from the same sd card! What gives?

I know this will sound insane but make sure you are using a better cable between your card reader and the MBP. I was having disconnects and then switched cables. No more problems.

Reactions: Dronewerkz
I know this will sound insane but make sure you are using a better cable between your card reader and the MBP. I was having disconnects and then switched cables. No more problems.

I was hoping/thinking that maybe it was just me being a Mac newbie. Perhaps missing some obvious tweak or setting when moving raw video over to the MacBook. Regarding the cable DLTango, better than what I already "overpaid" Apple for their very own Apple product cable? (I'm not doubting you just surprised [emoji15]) it's not like I bought the cheapest cable I could find on Amazon.....
I just picked this up hoping it would make transferring things easier......
96444193a9fbec9b135e00944837dcff.jpg

I totally agree. Most of us have this as a hobby and enjoy making great films. Otherwise people would be buying a drone without a camera. I love the grading and editing process where you bring everything to life

Just catching up on this thread. I agree that some people will expect something amazing from their camera drones just because they have spent a lot of money but like you I enjoy the process after the filming is done. The dji app offers lots of options to spruce up your film and make quick YouTube vids within a couple of minutes but sniping together the best shots and tweaking the colours is also a lot of fun, especially when you become proficient in an app like FCP or Premier.

Thankfully dji give us a camera you can tweak and set up to make the end results awesome if your willing to put the effort in. But luckily for others it works just as well as you’d hope if that’s what you want out of it

Reactions: Shawn3D
Just catching up on this thread. I agree that some people will expect something amazing from their camera drones just because they have spent a lot of money but like you I enjoy the process after the filming is done. The dji app offers lots of options to spruce up your film and make quick YouTube vids within a couple of minutes but sniping together the best shots and tweaking the colours is also a lot of fun, especially when you become proficient in an app like FCP or Premier.

Thankfully dji give us a camera you can tweak and set up to make the end results awesome if your willing to put the effort in. But luckily for others it works just as well as you’d hope if that’s what you want out of it

Hey Man, yeah we are on the same page with our thoughts about this. My best part is the grading and giving the footage my own unique look. It’s just so much fun and to see how much the time/mood of the film can vary depending on how one grades and uses music. Give the same footage to different people and see how they tell the story in their own way. Some will be upbeat, some would be symphony driven etc. the creative process is also part of the image correction routine

Reactions: cargoBob and 4wd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne