DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A year later, who has swapped their M2Z for the M2P and vice versa?

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
A little over a year after their introduction, how many of you that originally chose to get the Mavic 2 Zoom have swapped it for, or regret not getting, the Mavic 2 Pro?

Maybe you were the opposite, you got the M2P and chose to swap for the M2Z... Those stories are welcome as well.

Lastly, anybody who has switched their own camera, your input would be greatly appreciated. How hard was it, did everything go as planned, why did you do it?... Etc.

Thanks for the input! Starting to make my mind up finally, and leaning more toward Zoom.

Reactions: ff22
I bought the Mavic 2 Pro as an upgrade over the original Mavic Pro as I wanted the larger 1in sensor due to the smaller 1/2.3in sensor of the original Mavic being one of the main limitations of it for me. AS such I've never considered the zoom since and I've been extremely pleased with the results from the Pro 2.

On the other hand those that don't process their photos and use them straight out of camera can be disappointed with the Pro 2 which doesn't really show much advantage in which case the lower price of the zoom and the clear benefits the zoom offer make it a better choice.

I'm not suggesting one or the other as they both have their strengths and weaknesses but it depends on what suits your use.

I've seen many a YouTube video showing that its a simple swap of the camera and drone A recognizes the drone B camera. It makes sense that it would make mass assembly easier for the company to swap the camera and have the drone figure out which one is installed.

Not sure if I'd do it out in the field with several small screws and connections but it would give you 'both' drones for much less than buying a new one and offer a little flexibility depending on what you needed to do for a shoot.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I purchased the MP2 when it was first released then purchased the Zoom about 6 months ago. I actually wanted the Smart Controller so I bundled it with Zoom to get a better price. Happy with both.

Is it true that one of the difference with the zoom, is that you can be flying at 300’ for example, but zoom like if you were flying at 100’?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG