DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

? About Assigning Buttons

bkushner

Reactions
Is there any way to adjust gimbal up and down QUICKLY without assigning a function button? I have three things I want to do and only 2 quick buttons.

Adjust Gimbal Up and Down
Cruise Control
Change Camera

I believe Cruise Control has to be a button. So that leaves one button left. If I give the other button to Change Cameras is my only option for moving gimbal with the wheel?

Reactions: Krrr
I prefer the left button to move the gimbal full up or down or center and the right for cruise. Camera is easy enough to use on the right side of the display. It’s not something I would do mid video anyhow.

I prefer the left button to move the gimbal full up or down or center and the right for cruise. Camera is easy enough to use on the right side of the display. It’s not something I would do mid video anyhow.
This is exactly how I have it setup. There are no buttons on the screen to initiate cruise control or to jump the gimbal -90* and 0* so we have no choice but to assign buttons, whereas changing the camera has a permanent button on the touchscreen.

Also, on a side note, you can set up more shortcuts. For me, holding C1 and turning the zoom wheel changes the shutter speed and holding C2 and turning the zoom wheel changes the exposure compensation.

This is exactly how I have it setup. There are no buttons on the screen to initiate cruise control or to jump the gimbal -90* and 0* so we have no choice but to assign buttons, whereas changing the camera has a permanent button on the touchscreen.

Also, on a side note, you can set up more shortcuts. For me, holding C1 and turning the zoom wheel changes the shutter speed and holding C2 and turning the zoom wheel changes the exposure compensation.
Yes miss the PRO controller. Wonder why they haven't released a new one with the O4 drones. The others you mention with the wheel turns I have some camera settings on. Can't put anything else on them.

Is there any way to adjust gimbal up and down QUICKLY without assigning a function button? I have three things I want to do and only 2 quick buttons.

Adjust Gimbal Up and Down
Cruise Control
Change Camera

I believe Cruise Control has to be a button. So that leaves one button left. If I give the other button to Change Cameras is my only option for moving gimbal with the wheel?
You can change the gimbal angle by touching the display until the gimbal scale appears (takes second or so) and then sliding on the display to either raise or lower the camera. It's easy to get to -90 degrees , because the gimbal stops there, but less easy to get to exactly 0 degrees quickly.

We pretty much only get four shortcuts.
C1, C2, C1 + Right (Zoom) Wheel, and C2 + Right Wheel, and those shortcuts are severely limited in options, especially the combo shortcuts, which can only be used for a handful of camera settings.
I wish the RC2 had the ability for more shortcuts with more options and capabilities for the shortcuts. They don’t even need extra buttons, they can do combinations of buttons in software to give us tons of shortcuts via a firmware update. But I am not holding my breath at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99