DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About to buy first drone!

PM Coal for the info. He has a better offer for forum members. Phantomrain.org

Here are the Air Screw Props.... I like the blue ones.
View attachment 129695
I do love 100% the looks of that drone, blue is just my color. I have a f150 that looks to be the same color as yours

Reactions: MA2 317 and Steel63
Another question, I'm looking at the Mavic Air 2 or the Air 2s. I notice there is a smart controller combo for thr Mavic Air 2 but not the 2s.

I have heard many love that smart controller, and buying in a combo is drastically cheaper it seems.

Whats your opinion on going with a Air 2 with a smart controller vs a 2s without?
I suspect that DJI will at some point offer a Smart Controller/DJI Air 2S combo. I think it took them 6-9 months to bundle the Smart Controller with the Mavic Air 2. I bought the Air 2 just because of the bundle with the SC.

Last edited:
Another question, I'm looking at the Mavic Air 2 or the Air 2s. I notice there is a smart controller combo for thr Mavic Air 2 but not the 2s.

I have heard many love that smart controller, and buying in a combo is drastically cheaper it seems.

Whats your opinion on going with a Air 2 with a smart controller vs a 2s without?

I think the MA2 combo with the SC is a good deal.

You could purchase a MA2s only later down the road and use the SC to fly both.

I think the batteries are even swappable between the two. ?

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I been browsing the forums all night and about to order my first drone. Thinking I'm going to get the DJI Mavic Air 2 fly more package from Amazon. Debating between it and the mini from Costco.

My primary uses will be to help my wife with real estate photos, and also alot of water shots as I run a kayak tournament trail in oklahoma. I think it would be really awesome to take videos of launching and people fishing. I am slightly worried about being around the water and pretty sure I am going to at least get the dji extended warranty.

But my wife sales alot of land and we pay drone pilots quote a bit for those shots and it would be alot cheaper if I did it for us since I wanted one for fishing too it just makes since to go ahead and buy one.

Any suggestions before I pull the trigger in the next few days?

I am a bit nervous with being around water and that pool noodle thing doesn't really have me excited about using. But everywhere I read said these things sink like a rock but since I'm always around a bunch of kayaks making it float incase it goes down seems ideal.
My preference for sub-$1k DJI drones is 1st Air 2S, 2nd Mavic Air 2, 3rd Mini 2.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_