DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About to give up!

Exactly- my point being that DJI might reasonably argue they cant make a determination as to whether warranty should apply where the cause of the failure cant be evidenced. If the drone isn’t available so that the internal logs might be retrieved and you don’t have a DJI GO/GO4 created flight log file then DJI’s reluctance to provide assistance in those circumstances Is understandable. I tend not to fly with third party apps in circumstances where it is likely a failure would provide the drone couldn’t be recovered (over water for example).

You have taken my “common sense” suggestion out of context here. I suggested that for DJI to produce an SDK promoting the development of third party apps and claiming the use of those apps would automatically void warrant would be ridiculous. To the extent use of the app caused a crash that would be a different situation obviously. Failure of DJI hardware/firmware issues would and seemingly is still covered when using third party apps providing the cause can be demonstrated.

Third party app use doesn’t automatically void warranty. To say it does- as was your claim- is not correct. It would be a shame for anyone to believe that might be the case and pay for a repair when warranty coverage should be available.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay DJI without checking to see if the warranty would cover it. I have demonstrated what happens with my experience. Enough said.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Unfortunately as I now know it’s the controller and have a chain of emails from DJI saying they are not tested as compatible anyway I will be returning back to the supplier.
Unfortunate but glad I didn’t sell the DJI Goggles!

For what it is worth my issue free Moverio experience has been with the RC1A.

Out of curiosity i did try to connect the Moverios to a RC1B (not mine) and was unable to establish a connection. with three different cables (bottom port on the controller).

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000