Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR NEW MAVIC

Irish-apple

Reactions
Hi all just wanting to know before I make this purchase as there not cheap
the essentials needed
>> not the extra case strength or that cool looking box /blades / screen

as in safety to stop as much as possible from it exploding off the ground or getting dust from take off

thank in advance

putting all this together before the cash leaves the wallet

Here are my favorite must-have accessories for the Mavic:
  • Extra Batteries (get them from DJI or Amazon)
  • Lens Pen (to easily clean the camera or ND filters)
  • Case (check out the Go Professional hard case or others here)
  • Extra Memory Card (find commonly used memory cards here)
  • Memory Card Reader (to easily transfer photos/videos from memory card to a computer)
  • ND Camera Filters (find a list of good brands to use here)
  • Toolkit (in case you need to disassemble anything)
  • Combined Gimbal Lock & Cover (the OEM cover has weak tabs that eventually break off)
  • Compatible Phone/Tablet to Fly (see a list of commonly used phones/tablets here)
  • Extended Landing Gear (in case you need more clearance between the camera & ground)
For preventing explosions, make sure you read (and understand) the Mavic manual in its entirety before attempting to fly the first time. You can download the Mavic manual here (it does not come in the box).

Last edited:
Here are my favorite must-have accessories for the Mavic:
  • Extra Batteries (get them from DJI or Amazon)
  • Lens Pen (to easily clean the camera or ND filters)
  • Case (check out the Go Professional hard case or others here)
  • Extra Memory Card (find commonly used memory cards here)
  • Memory Card Reader (to easily transfer photos/videos from memory card to a computer)
  • ND Camera Filters (find a list of good brands to use here)
  • Toolkit (in case you need to disassemble anything)
  • Combined Gimbal Lock & Cover (the OEM cover has weak tabs that eventually break off)
  • Compatible Phone/Tablet to Fly (see a list of commonly used phones/tablets here)
  • Extended Landing Gear (in case you need more clearance between the camera & ground)
For preventing explosions, make sure you read (and understand) the Mavic manual in its entirety before attempting to fly the first time. You can download the Mavic manual here (it does not come in the box).
preventing explosions lol sorry but that sounded funny hey thanks a million for a precise response with everything added much appreciated

Reactions: boblapree
First off buy the Package which includes several needed things eg batteries,bag,multi-charger and car charger. I keep mini tool kit,Tablet mount,64 gig card,lens brush and filters plus the stick locks for travel

Reactions: Irish-apple
First off buy the Package which includes several needed things eg batteries,bag,multi-charger and car charger. I keep mini tool kit,Tablet mount,64 gig card,lens brush and filters plus the stick locks for travel
I disagree with this. The Fly More combo isn't a good value in my opinion. You're paying a $300 premium for a few items that are essential, plus a bunch of items that are lackluster or outright pointless.

Take that $300 and buy a couple of extra batteries. Then buy one of the blue after-market chargers that can charge three batteries at the same time, rather than sequentially like the Mavic hub included in the combo (75 minutes to charge all your batteries versus more than five hours). Buy a bag or case that meets your needs rather than the little one that comes with the combo. A car charger is nice, and a landing pad, and a mount if you're going to use a larger device like a tablet to fly with. After all that you'll still have money left over.

Here's a recent thread on this subject with some good advice and links:

Are there some must have Mavic Acessories?

Last edited:
...the essentials needed
>> not the extra case strength or that cool looking box /blades / screen

as in safety to stop as much as possible from it exploding off the ground or getting dust from take off...
You are in control of takeoff so if it explodes off the ground that is on you. As for dust, if your car is handy use a floor mat for a launch pad. I hand launch/catch if the ground is dusty.
Essentials; I am a minimalist so here are mine in no particular order:
  • Lens cleaner. It's a camera so keep the lens clean.
  • 3 batteries minimum. This should give you an hour+- flight time and the RC battery will last that long.
  • ND filters for video.
  • Extra props.
  • Extra SD card.
  • Small carry bag.
Optional:
  • Lens hood.
  • Tablet and holder.
  • Computer and software for video editing.
  • Insurance.
  • Binoculars.

All good suggestions above. Just be aware that once you get Mavic, there no stopping buying all these accessories for it. Welcome to the Hotel Mavic... you can check in at any time, but you can never leave. :D
I already am starting to just dream of the delivery day.. I will need some strong valium or Zanex ;)Thumbswayup

You are in control of takeoff so if it explodes off the ground that is on you. As for dust, if your car is handy use a floor mat for a launch pad. I hand launch/catch if the ground is dusty.
  • 3 batteries minimum. This should give you an hour+- flight time and the RC battery will last that long.
  • ND filters for video.
  • Extra props.
  • Extra SD card.
  • Small carry bag.
Optional:
  • Lens hood.
  • Tablet and holder.
  • Insurance.
  • Binoculars.
I would second Mossiback's basic list. A lot of the other stuff coming in the kits will end up junk. Depending on what you plan to do, maybe a small backpack for drone and/or camera (again the basic packs that come with various packages may not fit your ultimate needs especially if you are also carrying cameras, binoculars, etc.).

While you're waiting, download the DJI Go4 app into whatever phone or tablet you plan to use. If Android, download the 4.1.18 version from App Store, next uninstall it, then download and install the 4.1.15 version from apkmirror.com - since the newest version 4.1.18 works on few if any Android devices. Then play with that program; even without the drone you can become familiar and get a feeling if the program works. The GO4 app works older phones and tablet pretty hard; they get hot and you start seeing poor video feed and disconnects.

Eventually a dedicated phone. On that note I purchased a $49 Walmart Huawei Ascend XT2 phone (see another very long thread on this forum about this one...), just received it, tried it out and it works superbly (for this price). You can keep your eyes open for a phone/tablet solution this cheap.

All good suggestions above. Just be aware that once you get Mavic, there no stopping buying all these accessories for it. Welcome to the Hotel Mavic... you can check in at any time, but you can never leave. :D
aint that the truth
started at 1k and now up to 2400 and climbing

its people like us that helped amazon top 100 billion in revenue,lol

its people like us that helped amazon top 100 billion in revenue,lol

I don't regret this, Amazon are good folks. What I do regret is contributing ~$20K to apple towards their $500B from my own wallet. Never again. The only product I continue using to this day is their excellent 2010 17" Macbook Pro with matte display, great keyboard and tons of ports; replaced HDD with SSD, DVD with 2TB HDD, and am still happily using it, 7 years+. Perhaps it's so great because it was made while Steve Jobs was still alive. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MavicCF and olearys
Easy cheap landing pad
66303f29ead2bf86c6aeeb77f3312bf1.jpg

****. Mine only offered grey ones,.. oh well. I do like both the size and lightness.

I disagree with this. The Fly More combo isn't a good value in my opinion. You're paying a $300 premium for a few items that are essential, plus a bunch of items that are lackluster or outright pointless.

Take that $300 and buy a couple of extra batteries. Then buy one of the blue after-market chargers that can charge three batteries at the same time, rather than sequentially like the Mavic hub included in the combo (75 minutes to charge all your batteries versus more than five hours). Buy a bag or case that meets your needs rather than the little one that comes with the combo. A car charger is nice, and a landing pad, and a mount if you're going to use a larger device like a tablet to fly with. After all that you'll still have money left over.

Here's a recent thread on this subject with some good advice and links:

Are there some must have Mavic Acessories?
I agree and glad I used the extra $300 to buy other items.

• ND filters for video.
  • Extra props.
  • Extra SD card.
  • Small carry bag.
Optional:
  • Lens hood.
  • Tablet and holder.
  • Insurance.
  • Binoculars.
Great tip - I like the Binoculars idea as that rascal is very hard to see from a distance. Thanks for that post!

• ND filters for video.
Optional:
  • Lens hood.
  • Tablet holder.
  • software for video editing.

I am new to drones and just trying to learn. So far it has been a LOt of fun.
I would be curious on what you use
ND filters
lens hood,
tablet holder
software

I have tried a couple of tablet holders but I want access to the remote RC and not have to reach around. I DID NOT like this one and this was JUST OK IMHO. Details if needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki