DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Account not logged in - feature or bug ?

Mecan

Reactions
Hi, I'm sure you know it: you're with mavic 3 pro out of signal , in the mountains, waiting for a spectacular sunset and the controller says : account not logged in . There's no way to log in and authenticate. There's no internet. You're screwed. So I'm asking if this is a feature or a bug. And if it's a feature, does anyone know the conditions for it? 1x3 months to be authorized, etc.? And where is some counter , countdown etc... next time how to do this so that this doesn't happen in the wild and the drone is useless. Anyway stupid bug / feature.

With my mini 3 I did some filming yesterday 6th October and it asked, and previously it had happened on 5th July - and I’ve done a lot of filming in between. So that’s three months. But as you say, it would be good to have prior warning. Quite often we can be “in the middle of nowhere” The only advice I can think is to periodically sign in.

DJI suggest it is a security feature and that there is a time interval involved. I think the interval mentioned is one month but I am sure I have seen mention of other periods.
I also do not remember a definition of the 'event' that set or reset the clock. I.e. is the "event" connection of the App to the internet or logging in to the App or .....................

Users seem to think of it as a pain in the derrière.

As a point, you are not necessarily screwed, the drone can be flown and used but, as I recollect, height and range are limited.

It might be wise to get into the habit of logging out and in just before you go out of internet coverage.

If you happen to have multiple phones logged into the same DJI account I have noticed that logging out on phone A will log you out of the App on phone B when the App on phone B is next connected to the internet.

Last edited:
I think it's a bug since I don't seem to ever get asked to log in. I can't remember the last time.

It's not a bug, DJI mods have said it is programmed behaviour.
If it is a programmed behavior is there a description of the rule or conditions under which it behaves this way ? Thanks !

is there a description of the rule or conditions under which it behaves this way ? T
You'll have to read the comments by the DJI mods over on the DJI forum and sort the wheat from the chaff.

The programmed behavior is not affecting me. We don't necessarily believe what we are being told. Unless the devices are chosen at random or maybe there is a way to reset the timer. Either way, there is no documentation so you have to wonder why not because a lot of people are getting tripped up over this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078