DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accuracy Variance ME3E RTK vs ME3T RTk

Delta365

Reactions
Hi All,
I am in need of some technical help with the differences in accuracy between the ME3E and the ME3T.
The ME3E is said to guarantee cm level accuracy with an RTK module while the ME3T Module does not.
I am trying to understand what the difference in accuracy may be before purchasing.

I will intend to use the drone for surface pickups to create design surfaces in Vulcan, Mapping flight missions and here is the sticking point equipment component thermal monitoring.

If anyone has any experience with using the RTK Module on the ME3T or knows what the difference in the level of accuracy is between the two variants i would appreciate any help or guidance you are able to provide.

Hi Delta365, I snaffled this from the heliguys Blog, which you should have a look at,
"However, in the case of the Mavic 3T, this accuracy would be within the 10 to 20cm range, compared to the Mavic 3E's more precise centimetre-level accuracies.
This is because the Mavic 3E's camera is optimised for surveying missions, with its higher-class camera specs which include a larger 4/3 CMOS sensor, increased pixel size, a 0.7s shooting interval, and mechanical shutter which removes the jelly effect under high-speed movement.
To further ensure the accuracy of modelling, the Mavic 3E camera is calibrated with internal parameters when leaving the factory. These internal parameters are written in the XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform) information of each image.
Therefore, when high-precision, RGB surveying data is required, it is recommended that the RTK Module is used with the Mavic 3E.
However, when used with the Mavic 3T, the RTK Module will help improve the accuracy of data collected with the drone - making it highly valuable when you deploy the drone for inspection surveying and/or thermal mapping."
I twould appear that it is all about the camera, heres the link
Regards

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Hi Delta365, I snaffled this from the heliguys Blog, which you should have a look at,
"However, in the case of the Mavic 3T, this accuracy would be within the 10 to 20cm range, compared to the Mavic 3E's more precise centimetre-level accuracies.
This is because the Mavic 3E's camera is optimised for surveying missions, with its higher-class camera specs which include a larger 4/3 CMOS sensor, increased pixel size, a 0.7s shooting interval, and mechanical shutter which removes the jelly effect under high-speed movement.
To further ensure the accuracy of modelling, the Mavic 3E camera is calibrated with internal parameters when leaving the factory. These internal parameters are written in the XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform) information of each image.
Therefore, when high-precision, RGB surveying data is required, it is recommended that the RTK Module is used with the Mavic 3E.
However, when used with the Mavic 3T, the RTK Module will help improve the accuracy of data collected with the drone - making it highly valuable when you deploy the drone for inspection surveying and/or thermal mapping."
I twould appear that it is all about the camera, heres the link
Regards
Thanks Gagey52, sorry for the late reply. That was exactly what I was looking for. A new development my budget just got increased so i can have it all apparently.

Reactions: Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78