DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Acronyms Confusion For Newbies

STS-Mavic-Mini

Reactions
May I make a request on behalf of newbies? When discussing various subjects where acronyms are splashed throughout, please write out the term followed by the acronym in brackets (e.g. Visual Line of Sight (VLOS)). I'm getting more familiar with a lot of the acronyms, but occasionally still have to race off to Google for definitions. Once the acronym has been defined once in the posting, it can be used repeatedly afterwards without definition. Thanks.

Last edited:
May I make a request on behalf of newbies? When discussing various subjects where acronyms are splashed throughout, please write out the term followed by the acronym in brackets (e.g. Visual Line of Sight (VLOS)). I'm getting more familiar with a lot of the acronyms, but occasionally still have to race off to Google for definitions. Once the acronym has been defined once in the posting, it can be used repeatedly afterwards without definition. Thanks.

Sure Msinger has a post somewhere with all the acronyms in,

@msinger

Reactions: Simone L
From THIS SITE I got the below file - print it out, that way you will have a handy reference and it will help answer your questions and save unnecessary typing on people posting ;)

Attachments

• acronyms .pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 150
There’s a post here AACU = Acronyms & Abbreviations Commonly Used

that has the acronyms and abbreviations. It’s pinned to the general discussions forum

Reactions: STS-Mavic-Mini
Aviation is full of TLAs Three Letter Abbreviations and now even FLAs Four Letter Abbreviations. Good advice on following the links on here.o_O

Everyone missed.... MSI = More Silly Initials

There’s a post here AACU = Acronyms & Abbreviations Commonly Used

that has the acronyms and abbreviations. It’s pinned to the general discussions forum
I hate TLA’s! Oh wait, it’s a FLA? I am good now?

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Dave

PS, I’m a software designer, so acronyms are common (and a pain sometimes for exactly the reasons the OP mentioned.

Oh shoot! OP = Original Poster

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ