DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ACS-30 Anti Collision Lights - Anyone mount one to a Mavic?

gjmphoto

Reactions
I'm looking at ACLights and came across the ACS-30. Has anyone had any experience with this unit? I think it's pretty new. I'd also like to know where to mount one on a Mavic (MPP).

Last edited:
Reactions: LEO_Pilot
Reactions: borzoiboy
Last nite I ordered one of the ARC strobes from Firehouse and they come without a box and mount with Velcro (supplied) from what I saw. So it is removable and don't see why it would need to be waterproofed. Also include the USB charging cable. Will see in a couple days.

I'm leaning the same way. They have a space for a coupon code...is there a coupon that can be applied?

Only reason I ordered one is the Mavic is hard for me to see at a distance and this should help with that. My Inspire is not hard to keep up with,

Yes. And I'm planning on capturing some fireworks this year...so I'll need some visibility at night. Cancelled my order for the ACS-30 and bought the Firehouse Arc II. What could go wrong? :)

I think I will mount mine on the top back. Don't know if it would have any effect on the camera if it was on the bottom or not as far as flashing while recording. I have seen reviews that said it did not bother the camera but think mine will still go on the top back. I don't fly so high that I wouldn't see it. My first strobe so it's a test for me as well.

I think I will mount mine on the top back. Don't know if it would have any effect on the camera if it was on the bottom or not as far as flashing while recording. I have seen reviews that said it did not bother the camera but think mine will still go on the top back. I don't fly so high that I wouldn't see it. My first strobe so it's a test for me as well.
For me, I think the most important thing is to see it from below. The sideways wash of these lights at night appears to be enough for another aircraft to see it if they're on the same level...I'm not all that concerned about aircraft substantially above my drone...I'd say that's my responsibility to see and not climb into them.

If I mount it in the back bottom, then I'm not concerned about the camera as I don't think it should matter unless you're flying in soup - There's nothing up there to reflect the light. I am concerned, however, that the bottom sensors could get "blinded" during landing...assuming they're optical and not sonar. I don't know.

Does anyone know?

Reactions: Jordak
I have one and mounted it on the bottom. It's too thick, though: if you put it where it won't interfere with the sensors, the MA's rear legs don't touch the ground. Not sure what to do about this yet.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
I have one and mounted it on the bottom. It's too thick, though: if you put it where it won't interfere with the sensors, the MA's rear legs don't touch the ground. Not sure what to do about this yet.
I was under the impression that it could not be used with a MA. Perhaps that's the reason? I have an MPP and it's "supposed" to be mountable from underneath.

Could be, though their Amazon page seems to indicate that it's for the Air. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PMGLXR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I mean, I could always stick it on top, but that wold kind of defeat the purpose. The thing is bright as ****, though.
The FlyHighUSA site that sells the ACS-30 (which is apparently the ARC II in a box) explicitly says,
NOT Compatible with Mavic Air
I'm not sure if that's because of the size of the case or the size of the ARC II.

I have not seen one but I guess I didn't really look for a coupon.

I found their auction on eBay for their Cree strobes and in the description it says to LIKE them on Facebook for a discount (code?). Worth a shot.

I have one of those 4 LED Firehouse strobes like the one Mike put in the picture. They are REALLY bright. Probably overkill unless you are doing long distances or want max top-side visibility. The regular Strobons are a lot smaller and easier to attach and are probably enough for 99% of users.

I have one of the dual strobe firehouse ones and I have it mounted in the front and the camera picks it up lots while recording or taking a picture. I think I will move it to a arm and try that . They are very bright and makes the craft easy to see at a distance . When I bought mine the clear sleeve that covers everything was split . I sent the seller a message on eBay where I bought it and they responded and sent out a replacement freight covered . Great customer service . I got about 2 hours or very close for run time . It charges very fast also . About 20 minutes and it’s ready

Does it need "Waterproofing"?
Most of the light is covered in a thin, clear plastic. The plastic is open on the ends, so it's definitely not waterproof. I wouldn't recommend you fly with them in the rain (if that's where you're heading with this).

Do you know if the ARC Light can be mounted without a box and still last?
They are large and heavy, but you should be able to safely mount them with some type of strong Velcro (like 3M Dual Lock). Or you could use one of my Mavic Pro Firehouse ARC mounts.
2.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada