DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activation Code and UK Insurance

chrissyb

Reactions
I have just purchased a new Mavic Pro Combo from Maplin on a fantastic Black Friday deal having been watching the prices come down over the last two months.
I wanted to insure it and was going to do the DJI Refresh, but it says I have to use 'the activation code' within 48 hours. What Activation Code? There was nothing in or on the box that gave a Code. When I then went and tried to register with DJI it only listed USA States so my UK address was not possible to complete.
Since then I have read here that many people in UK have included on their Home contents policies.
What is the best course of action relevant to my UK status?
AND do I need to register the drone with DJI or anyone else anyway for legal / guarantee reasons?

it says I have to use 'the activation code' within 48 hours. What Activation Code? There was nothing in or on the box that gave a Code.
Check with Maplin. The code might have already been applied for you since you purchased it with your Mavic.

You already have their refresh since you purchased DJI Care Refresh from Maplin.

Before flying your Mavic for the first time, you do need to register it in DJI GO. There is no way around that one.

Thanks. I assume you mean the GO4 App which i downloaded and which i needed for flying? Sorry to sound stupid!
So if i have DJI Refresh that is the Insurance policy isnt it? i thought cost £99 for 12 months and i had to apply for it!

Ah. My mistake. I thought you were saying you already purchased DJI Care Refresh from Maplin.

You can buy DJI Care Refresh from DJI here. Then, go here to activate it online.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB