DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activation issue Mavic air 2

Arf77

Reactions
Hi all, fresh out of the box, won’t activate. Says can’t connect to server and error 0xffe . No tech support on a Sunday (which amazes me for a high tech leisure Item)

any ideas?

Hi all, fresh out of the box, won’t activate. Says can’t connect to server and error 0xffe . No tech support on a Sunday (which amazes me for a high tech leisure Item)

any ideas?
I think you’ve just joined many others with the same problem - there’s several threads on this subject in which nobody has yet to get a satisfactory answer from DJI. My new drone arrives this morning and am really worried I’ll have the same problem

I've got the same problem I've been told dji sent a batch out without taking serial numbers so they haven't been uploaded to dji servers..hence it wont activate..sending mine back for exchange.

I know this won’t help, but I’ve just received & setup my new MA2, everything went as it should.
FW updated for both drone & RC via PC
Latest iOS Fly app Installed on both my iPhone 11 & iPad
Care Refresh purchased before switching drone on
iPhone used to do initial activation (WiFi off)
RC to phone connected immediately
MA2 activation & binding took maybe 10 secs

Quick startup & control check in garden, all seems well. about to go out for first proper test flight.

Swapped drone over to new one from store today. Set it up in store in about ten minutes. Flys no problem.
Spoke with DJI this morning and they have no resolution to the original problem at this stage. ?

don’t mess about waiting, swap it over.

Received my MA2 yesterday and also had the activation error. Talked to DJI support this morning and they said the MA2 is new and a software fix is in the works but not released yet. You should arrange for a replacement from Apple (EPP discount with my company) where you bought the drone from.

I asked how they could assure me of working drone if the software isn't released and they have no info on when it will be? They told me the retailer will know to send me the newest model with working software. Really? You think Apple is dialed in on this, lol?

The problem doesn't feel like a software issue based on the way they're handling things. Not inspiring given how much these things cost.

Reactions: Nate Wilson
I got stuck with a paperweight today too. I asked DJI for an advance replacement and they refused even when I had no problem with a hold on my card. I ordered a new one from Best Buy (Couldn’t wait for them to get the bad one back and stores aren’t taking in-person returns.)
If there are batches of these things not entered in the activation system, how do I know I’m not getting another one from the same batch?
I guess I’ll find out Thursday.
Aargh!

Yes i got my drone yesterday out of the box failed to activate. DJI took my serial number and confirmed i would need a replacement. Looks like i will be waiting a bit longer to get in the air.

It's a shame if DJI isn't doing some sort of good will gesture to everyone affected by this "undocumented serial number" issue.

A free battery or year of DJI Care would do it...

Not that I'm holding my breath, when you have basically no competition you can get away with some stuff.

**** I just ordered one a couple of days ago. I wonder if they have isolated the bad bunch that went out. I contacted online text support and asked if I should cancel my order. Of course he said no, that they have isolated the problem. We will see.

I got my $1000 paperweight from Best Buy. DJI told me to advise Best Buy to provide me with a unit that can be activated. How the heck are they going to do that unless they've been given a list of serial numbers to remove from sale?
I ordered a new one from Best Buy because I couldn't wait for the whole return process and I wanted it this weekend. It was supposed to arrive today but didn't even ship until today. I wonder if they pulled it at the last minute.

Reactions: WWK888
I don't know how their DB works, but it's amazing they can't just add those serial numbers. Guess they can't verify them, since they left the supply chain, so they don't trust people to provide them. Yeah, like anyone wants to add their counterfeit drone to their ecosystem...

Can all of you that have had activation issues, and have not already done so, enter the poll at the top of MA2 Discussion thread? So far only 4 people have said they’ve had a problem, with 92 saying they haven’t!

Link to poll

Last edited:

any ideas?
Hi did you get your activate issue sorted, mine is doing the same but with error 1112, there sending me a replacement hopefully that one activates

Received my MA2 yesterday and also had the activation error. Talked to DJI support this morning and they said the MA2 is new and a software fix is in the works but not released yet. You should arrange for a replacement from Apple (EPP discount with my company) where you bought the drone from.

I asked how they could assure me of working drone if the software isn't released and they have no info on when it will be? They told me the retailer will know to send me the newest model with working software. Really? You think Apple is dialed in on this, lol?

The problem doesn't feel like a software issue based on the way they're handling things. Not inspiring given how much these things cost.
Hi did you get your issue sorted mine is doing the same won't activate just says error 1112.

I got stuck with a paperweight today too. I asked DJI for an advance replacement and they refused even when I had no problem with a hold on my card. I ordered a new one from Best Buy (Couldn’t wait for them to get the bad one back and stores aren’t taking in-person returns.)
If there are batches of these things not entered in the activation system, how do I know I’m not getting another one from the same batch?
I guess I’ll find out Thursday.
Aargh!
Did your new one work, mine is doing same thing wont activate error 1112 gutted new one being sent out this thursday

Did your new one work, mine is doing same thing wont activate error 1112 gutted new one being sent out this thursday
Had the same problem in May. They apparently shipped a bunch out without registering the SNs and couldn’t do it once they were in customers hands. I never got a good reason why? They told me to return it and order a new one. New one has been working without issue.

Reactions: Wilsonator77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima