DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activation screen comes up during flight

geigy

Reactions
I'm on week three of my Mavic and loving it. BUT.

I have been running into a pesky intermittent issue with the drone activation wizard asking for my name, info, name of "new" drone, etc, coming up while flying. After a minute or three, I get a disconnect message in the upper left corner and I'm back to the regular program with FPV and controls.

I can get out of this by either ignoring the screen for a few minutes while I fly visually or restarting the app, but this is not a good situation when I am relying on the FPV for orientation - for example far away hovering over salt water, LOL.

I checked last night using DJI Assistant 2, and it turned out the controller and Mavic had different firmware revs installed. I fixed this by re-installing the current rev of firmware on both Mavic and controller, and will post here again if this problem comes up again.

Meantime, has anyone else run into this issue of the activation screen coming up during a flight?

Last edited:
I have been having this happen to me as well. Using a Moto Z Force.

Really annoying, can happen multiple times in flight. Latest app/firmware. Along with App crashes, i need a iDevice :(

Hope someone knows something!

Happened once, I jsut closed the app (fully, not just put in the background), relaunched it and it was fine.

Did about 30 minutes of flying tonight. No sign of the activation glitch. I did have dji go 4 crash on me once.

Btw, I have seen the activation screen glitch on both my nexus 5x and my Acer tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome