DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Help

Bob.D

Reactions
I have a new realty job and want to record a Helix type of video flying around the rather large lakefront house. I haven't used the Active Track feature yet. It appears to be the best possible way to do this according to the Owner's Manual. Is it really as simple as selecting trace mode in the Active Track feature and circling the house? This is my first really big house with lake in front, an 1800' driveway and 95-acres of forest. Any tips or suggestions on how to video this large of an area? Would I start at the driveway entrance and work my way to the house? If anybody has experience with this feature and recording large properties--I would really appreciate the help.. I need to do a good job with this. I'm using VSDC video editor--is this software any good? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
You could use Point of Interest mode to simply circle a center point, but that will get pretty boring pretty quick. For a large property a Litchi waypoint mission may be better but again, try to avoid long, continuous video. If you want tips on real-estate videos check out YouTube and see how the pros do it. The normal process is to edit a bunch of short clips together that will take you from an initial reveal of the front, through the inside, and out the back. For interior shots you can use the Mavic as a hand-held video camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot