DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Trace Issues

Shaggy505

Reactions
New here:) Bought mavic yesterday. Tried active track trace feature to follow my son on his hover board down the street.
I selected him and hit go and it followed him fine until he stopped slowly and came back toward me at which point it stopped and no longer followed him. I tried numerous times but can't get it to follow him back towards me.
The street is wide but there are some trees which is why I chose trace mode, thought I had 13 satellites showing. I still got some nice videos but hoping I can figure how to actively follow him in all directions or out and back.
Before I first flew it I updated software for drone and controller via my mac and the micro USB cords, downloaded dji go 4 app and everything connected no problem with iPhone 7 plus.
Any thoughts, maybe user error? Thanks!!

I think in active track you have to turn a switch on in settings to allow it to fly backwards, you will not have obstacle avoidance while going backwards either..... if I recall correctly

What's the best way to follow someone going straight out and back?

It's the answer you probably don't want to hear but fly it manually! It lessens the chance of it hitting into something. I would only use active track if I wanted to personally follow myself during some activity and preferably the area is fairly clear of trees etc.

Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan