DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADB-S Models

Oakley75

Reactions
We know they are having two different versions, one with adb-s and one without. Which one is this? CP.MA.00000167.03 (US market)

Yeah me too. Wonder if the US is getting the adb-s version by default or the one without? Since we don't require it here

Yeah me too. Wonder if the US is getting the adb-s version by default or the one without? Since we don't require it here

I think they all have it but it’s only ready to be used in the US right now.

I have not done a lot of research since the announcement but I did not see ADS-B mentioned anywhere on the general Mavic Air 2 site @ DJI. I would think this is something they would be making a point of talking about. The BBC posted a story saying that the Europe version will not have it just N. America for now due to supply issues. I also would think this would make a LOT of people hold off on pre-ordering until this was sorted globally.

I have not done a lot of research since the announcement but I did not see ADS-B mentioned anywhere on the general Mavic Air 2 site @ DJI. I would think this is something they would be making a point of talking about. The BBC posted a story saying that the Europe version will not have it just N. America for now due to supply issues. I also would think this would make a LOT of people hold off on pre-ordering until this was sorted globally.

Just spit-balling, perhaps the hardware is built-in but isn't yet enabled in software so they're not pitching it as a feature.

Reactions: tmgrood
Article I read said it will be currently limited to the USA models due to supply issues, and the fact that since the US now mandates most full-sized aircraft to output ADS-B, it is the most useful here.

Reactions: tmgrood
Article I read said it will be currently limited to the USA models due to supply issues, and the fact that since the US now mandates most full-sized aircraft to output ADS-B, it is the most useful here.
It will be years IMHO before there is any usefulness to ADS-B for us. Unless all full-sized aircraft actually have the output, including all smaller aircraft, including all ultralights, helicopters, and other drones, it will just be another annoying pop up of something obvious, like the incessant high wind warnings on the P4P.

However, I had read in the leaks that there was a pice difference of $150 for the feature, and this MA2 is the cheaper price that was given in the leaks. My best guess is this is the one without ADS-B, and one with ADS-B will be offered later, at a higher price. I doubt it is included for free and completely unadvertised! That's not DJI's style!

Reactions: EQUANT
Air sense is not listed on any of the DJI online specs that I saw. Are you suggesting it is included in the version being sold now?
They are probably not promoting it because of the fact they withheld it from non-US models. CV related supply chain issues from what’s being reported.

It will be years IMHO before there is any usefulness to ADS-B for us. Unless all full-sized aircraft actually have the output, including all smaller aircraft, including all ultralights, helicopters, and other drones, it will just be another annoying pop up of something obvious, like the incessant high wind warnings on the P4P.

Depends on where you fly. If you are near Class B or C airspace, any nearby aircraft are going to have ADS-B transmitters.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
from dji site:

[4] Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B. The two models are identical in all other aspects such as flight and imaging performance.

CE version getting screwed over again....

Reactions: EQUANT
And the MAvic Air 2 with AirSense in US is $799 which = £640 UK pounds
DJi charging UK customers £769 without AirSense.

My advice to anyone in the UK is not to buy until DJi sorts their $hit out and stops screwing over UK and EU pilots.

• Love
Reactions: EQUANT and Skyfli
And the MAvic Air 2 with AirSense in US is $799 which = £640 UK pounds
DJi charging UK customers £769 without AirSense.

My advice to anyone in the UK is not to buy until DJi sorts their $hit out and stops screwing over UK and EU pilots.

Don't the UK prices include VAT? US prices don't include sales tax that might apply depending on what state you reside in.

Reactions: Skyfli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe