DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Add Miles & Feet to the DJI GO App

Randy

Reactions
Do you think they'll ever update the app to include an option to select Miles and Feet to the selections so we don't have to convert metric or imperial?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Imperial is Miles and Feet although not actually ever selected it.

One thing to keep in mind that I noticed. If you do set it to imperial. RTH heights etc is still in metric (Meters) as I put in 120 thinking it would be feet and got worried when it went really high!

Okay, I didn't realize imperial is the same, I live right next to Canada where an "imperial" gallon is bigger than ours, but that's volume, not length, I'll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: chippie
Imperial = British units aka non metric
Yep, learned that in school 50 years ago, Imperial is a British unit of measure. Wish we could all get on the same page, would make life a bit easier. The US started to convert to metric years and years ago and then kind of stalled.

Reactions: skypros
It's the same in the UK :confused:

All the road signs and cars are in miles / mph yet everything thing else is pretty much in meters etc. A mess lol

Yeah, I lived through the one and only attempt in the 70s in grade school to convert the US to the metric system. There's no doubt that it's a accurate and easier to use system but there's no way the US will ever convert to it as the standard. The British system is to ingrained and a part of our national identity to let it go. And that's fine by me!
Kind of like in the advent of the EU and euro, there was still no way the British were going to give up the pound!

Changed it to imperial and got the miles and feet I was wanting, like you said, still have to enter the other values in meters but that's no problem, thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yeah, I lived through the one and only attempt in the 70s in grade school to convert the US to the metric system. There's no doubt that it's a accurate and easier to use system but there's no way the US will ever convert to it as the standard. The British system is to ingrained and a part of our national identity to let it go. And that's fine by me!
Kind of like in the advent of the EU and euro, there was still no way the British were going to give up the pound!

Well at one time the Imperial system of measurement was ingrained in most of the world. Now that world has long since moved on from that antiquated and confusing system. Well all except for Myanmar and Liberia.

Oh, also the United States...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.