DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Addict of toys

zoomie

Reactions
Been flying little quadcopters back in the day before drones came onto the consumer market and became so popular. My ongoing interest in gadgets and toys started with a carbon fiber chassis RC car which I still have from over 20 years ago. Built my first one back in high school. Spent late at night putting that thing together. Oil filled shocks and everything. My room was scattered with parts. So stoked. Since then, my interest has accumulated a fleet of recumbent trikes, motorized ice chests, a thing called a Stowboard and more recently an electric standup scooter. Quite an addition.

HPI RS4 PRO 2:
RC car chassis from 1998 or so. Fully carbon fiber frame. That thing was awesome. Just wish I had friends who were into it as much as I was to drive these things with me. Let one friend steer it for not even 5 minutes and he broke the front bumper running into a curb.

JJRC H36 / ESTES 4609 SYNCRO X NANO (indoor quadcopters):
Good to be able to hover and fly indoors in tight spaces manually on an $18 JJRC H36 and crash it a bunch of times if you need to than to jump into this so quickly with high dollar toys but that's just my take on it. 3 Years ago it was Estes 4609 Syncro X Nano without the propeller guards. Took a bad hit to a wall and that was it. Purchased replacement motors to solder back on, but never got to it.

PARROT AR 2.0:

Received this for Christmas a couple years back. Maybe I was under a rock, but I was super surprised that RC was gone and these things run on Wifi.

NOT EVEN SURE WHAT IT'S CALLED:
Received another quadcopter that same year. Lighter weight quad with a color screen built into the controller. Pretty cool stuff. Amazing how much the whole drone scene has grown in the past 2 years. I read somewhere it was 4000%. Not sure if that's true, but nuts nonetheless.

ZEROTECH DOBBY:
The technology packed into this little thing is amazing. I love stuff that's unusually large and also unusually small. This thing can hide behind an iphone 6. Legs fold out. It's got follow-me mode, flyouts, rocket mode, palm take-off. It's pretty cool. Digital stabilization was the only thing that can fit into this palm sized fiasco, so quality videos really do need as little wind as possible. No complaints. Great for what it is. It's okay to let your daugher launch it from her hand if she's got the right positioning. Don't launch it if her fingers aren't in perfect alignment or else the propellers can really spill so much blood you won't know which finger got cut until after you put on a replacement bandaid after the first when getting home and cleaning up the wound properly.

I swear, I know nothing about that.

DJI MAVIC PRO:
Won an ebay auction for the Fly More Combo over the 4th of July weekend. Have only flown it once as I had to borrow my wife's iphone 5SE since my regular 5 and ipad mini 1 were both incompatible with the current DJI GO 4 app. Picked up an ipad mini 2 used today for $130 off craigslist and loaded up the apps getting ready for the next flight. So excited.

Hoping to join the forum and add some experience to help others and gather up some new found knowledge as well. Happy flying and stay safe.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Been flying little quadcopters back in the day before drones came onto the consumer market and became so popular. My ongoing interest in gadgets and toys started with a carbon fiber chassis RC car which I still have from over 20 years ago. Built my first one back in high school. Spent late at night putting that thing together. Oil filled shocks and everything. My room was scattered with parts. So stoked. Since then, my interest has accumulated a fleet of recumbent trikes, motorized ice chests, a thing called a Stowboard and more recently an electric standup scooter. Quite an addition.

HPI RS4 PRO 2:
RC car chassis from 1998 or so. Fully carbon fiber frame. That thing was awesome. Just wish I had friends who were into it as much as I was to drive these things with me. Let one friend steer it for not even 5 minutes and he broke the front bumper running into a curb.

JJRC H36 / ESTES 4609 SYNCRO X NANO (indoor quadcopters):
Good to be able to hover and fly indoors in tight spaces manually on an $18 JJRC H36 and crash it a bunch of times if you need to than to jump into this so quickly with high dollar toys but that's just my take on it. 3 Years ago it was Estes 4609 Syncro X Nano without the propeller guards. Took a bad hit to a wall and that was it. Purchased replacement motors to solder back on, but never got to it.

PARROT AR 2.0:

Received this for Christmas a couple years back. Maybe I was under a rock, but I was super surprised that RC was gone and these things run on Wifi.

NOT EVEN SURE WHAT IT'S CALLED:
Received another quadcopter that same year. Lighter weight quad with a color screen built into the controller. Pretty cool stuff. Amazing how much the whole drone scene has grown in the past 2 years. I read somewhere it was 4000%. Not sure if that's true, but nuts nonetheless.

ZEROTECH DOBBY:
The technology packed into this little thing is amazing. I love stuff that's unusually large and also unusually small. This thing can hide behind an iphone 6. Legs fold out. It's got follow-me mode, flyouts, rocket mode, palm take-off. It's pretty cool. Digital stabilization was the only thing that can fit into this palm sized fiasco, so quality videos really do need as little wind as possible. No complaints. Great for what it is. It's okay to let your daugher launch it from her hand if she's got the right positioning. Don't launch it if her fingers aren't in perfect alignment or else the propellers can really spill so much blood you won't know which finger got cut until after you put on a replacement bandaid after the first when getting home and cleaning up the wound properly.

I swear, I know nothing about that.

DJI MAVIC PRO:
Won an ebay auction for the Fly More Combo over the 4th of July weekend. Have only flown it once as I had to borrow my wife's iphone 5SE since my regular 5 and ipad mini 1 were both incompatible with the current DJI GO 4 app. Picked up an ipad mini 2 used today for $130 off craigslist and loaded up the apps getting ready for the next flight. So excited.

Hoping to join the forum and add some experience to help others and gather up some new found knowledge as well. Happy flying and stay safe.
Howdy from Wyoming zoomie, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic