DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a strobe light(s)

Personal preference. It can of course increase visibility. BTW, don’t make my mistake and look at the strobes after charging... I did and saw spots for 30 minutes!

Thomas B -- did you consider the Strobon Cree LED lights before deciding on the Firehouse brand?
And what about the red strobe on the bottom of the drone - yes, no, good idea?

Hey, Mike, do you have installation recommendations/instructions on your site? I have a P4Pv2 and want a strobe for night flying. It’s very confusing looking at pictures of bare-board lights and imagining how they should be installed. One or two lights? What’s recommended?

Reactions: RogerMav
3. I like the "arm" light strobes, and the plastic connection, so these strobes would basically make the drone more visible?
Yes.

Does the plastic clip interfere with the antenna
No.

5. Do I also need a red strobe on the bottom of the Mavic 2 Pro?
Some people place strobes on the top/bottom of the aircraft, but that shouldn't be needed if you have lights mounted on the sides. Other people shouldn't have a problem seeing your drone from a distance if they are dangerously close to it.

Reactions: Palenshus
Hey, Mike, do you have installation recommendations/instructions on your site? I have a P4Pv2 and want a strobe for night flying
Insert the light into the back of the mount and then snap it onto the Phantom landing gear in this location:

1549981601512.png

One or two lights? What’s recommended?
When the lights are pointed away from you, they won't be visible. So, you'll want to install at least one on the front and one on the rear.

I just installed the firehouse lights .Great lights the mounts are horrendous..two of them broke
instantly (cheap plastic). Ended up with good velcro. Easy to remove for charging and can mix and match the colors as i desire. For now 2 greens front arms, 2 red rear arms, 1 white top and bottom. or leave them off when not needed.

I just installed the firehouse lights .Great lights the mounts are horrendous..two of them broke
instantly (cheap plastic).
I make high quality mounts for the Mavic 2. Which Firehouse lights are you using?

If interested, I can make you a set of these that fit the Duals. Same price.

Mine? Yes, I also have an ARC version of that mount.

Mike is cranking out a grey set for me (For the Firehouse ARC-II’s) as we speak. I can take some pics to post once they arrive....

Received the Mounts from @msinger at MavicHelp today - quick turn-around. We sorted details on Friday, paid on Saturday and he shipped Monday.

This is the grey option - against the stock Mavic 2 Pro grey, and then on a DecalGirl “Venom” skin.

2D8C30DA-8228-4535-BF62-054507584607.jpeg2AA5ADA9-5C4B-4C94-9D26-2148AAF2F4D8.jpeg30819DBD-C7B7-4A1D-9032-864A8F76D95B.jpeg73801E45-52D6-4C0C-B294-D3ADFAC2E39D.jpeg39408EE5-1549-4DC3-83D6-D3A2768A542B.jpegFEC7342A-B377-4548-9FF4-1BDB335E7599.jpeg

Last edited:
Would a light coat of SEM plastic paint stick to this PLA?
I've never used SEM, but other plastic spray paints (like Rust-Oleum) worked for me.

Reactions: Aviator
Yes.

No.

Some people place strobes on the top/bottom of the aircraft, but that shouldn't be needed if you have lights mounted on the sides. Other people shouldn't have a problem seeing your drone from a distance if they are dangerously close to it.

MavicHelp: Ready to purchase, but now I am confused... on your site, you have Mavic 2 and Mavic Pro. Which one do I select for a Mavic 2 Pro? And how do I specify the black for the clip?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom