DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a strobe light(s)

It's done to increase the visibility during both the day and night. Depending on which lights you buy, they can be much brighter than the onboard lights.

Yes "stealth" and high visibility cannot be used in the same sentence. You can always remove them or turn them off. Easy to remove the ones above that Mike posted with the nifty 3D printed brackets that he offers.

Yeah, these lights certainly aren't stealthy. They nearly burn your retinas when you look directly at them :D

Reactions: Rich55
Yeah, these lights certainly aren't stealthy. They nearly burn your retinas when you look directly at them :D

Yes, it is not easy to turn them on and off without being blinded!

And I use/need them for daylight flying. The gray drone disappears in the tree line and the strobes keep it visible.

Although these are on my MP, I also can switch back and forth with the M2P.
I use industrial grade Velcro to attach them.
I mostly use them for night flying. Enjoy my little Disco visual. :p

FF: Many thanks for confirming that the strobes really help daytime visibility. I just picked up four Firehouse Cree (4 LED strobes each) and thanks to msinger (Mike,) who not only knows the thickness of various wraps, but fabricated four custom strobe mounts for my M2 legs and they fit PERFECTLY. Mike IMHO, is an incredibly good source for strobe info and parts..) Unfortunately, weather and other things have prevented me from testing them out just yet but I have no doubt that VLOS will be dramatically extended when I do. Thanks again, Mike.

Good to help keep birds away too! Where can I get a couple of those 3D printed brackets?

Reactions: Inspirephil
FF: Many thanks for confirming that the strobes really help daytime visibility. I just picked up four Firehouse Cree (4 LED strobes each) and thanks to msinger (Mike,) who not only knows the thickness of various wraps, but fabricated four custom strobe mounts for my M2 legs and they fit PERFECTLY. Mike IMHO, is an incredibly good source for strobe info and parts..) Unfortunately, weather and other things have prevented me from testing them out just yet but I have no doubt that VLOS will be dramatically extended when I do. Thanks again, Mike.
They do indeed help daytime visibility.I try to start both rear ones at same time.Sometimes stays in sync for a while.Fronts too with each other.

I am using Firehouse strobes. It's the one with the adhesive tape on the back. The look like the same ones that are in the picture

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78