DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adobe premiere element 2020 or cyberlink power director 2018?

J.C.

Reactions
Good evening,

I just use an editor to make short film with music in 4k without post editing ....I just put what I have filmed in the timeline and add music. I want something reliable and with fast rendering. I have tried power director but find it slow for rendering compare to filmora that I have already but has a lot of bugs. These two are in the range price that I want to pay? Any advice?

I keep my editing pretty simple, and I didn't have any experience with video editing before I got my Mavic a year and half ago. I chose PowerDirector as it was one of the several editors that folks on this Forum recommended, and I've been VERY happy with it. Just my .02.

• Love
Reactions: JTZ
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 16 is free and used by the big studios too. It has a learning curve but they have an excellent online tutorial and a well written how-to book on Amazon. I also use Adobe, but I prefer Resolve.

Alright I bought Adobe premiere element 2020?
I, too, purchased the Adobe PE 2020. Works nicely, with one minor issue. H.265. I have yet to try my DJI videos, but I can speak for my GoPro Hero8 videos. First, the Hero8. The file save settings are auto at H.264 + HEVC. What this refers to is my Hero8 is factory set for storing videos at H.264 as the norm but, because some other settings use even more data, the HEVC (H.265) mode is automatically used. GoPro did this as they recognized that many video production programs were having issues with the H.265 protocol.

Supposedly, there is no difference in quality of the video saved under either H.264 or H.265. The issue is that. H.265 is more advanced and compresses more efficiently. So when some of the post production programs attempt to decode H.265 for editing, issues arrive. They arrive simply because they are written/upgraded to work with H.264, but not H.265 encoding.

One work around to this problem, is a freeware program called, HANDBRAKE. Handbrake will convert the H.265 to H.264 as a new file. I have successfully done this on several of my Hero8 videos. The original file is still maintained in the H.265 format. The converted videos have then rendered with no issues, for me, on the Davinci Resolve 16 free, Adobe Premiere 2020, Filmora 9 & Pro. Those are the 4 I have, so they are the ones I can speak for. There are other programs to convert H.265 to H.264, but I have not tested them.

The true issue is NOT watching the H.265 videos, but rather the internal editing of them!

I’d be interested to know what others have found in relation to these two video protocols and editing. Please correct me if I am wrong on this posting.

I edit on a 2019 Dell G3 3579 laptop, 32Gb RAM. (The extra RAM really makes it easier/faster on all the swapping.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998