DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADS-B for MA2

kshaw

Reactions
Does anyone know if the ADS-B on the Mavic Air 2 picks up both 1090 Mhz and 978 Mhz? Any plans for DJI Fly to display aircraft altitude?

Does anyone know if the ADS-B on the Mavic Air 2 picks up both 1090 Mhz and 978 Mhz? Any plans for DJI Fly to display aircraft altitude?
AirSense receives information broadcast from 1090ES (RTCA DO-260B) and UAT (RTCA DO-282B).

Note:
UAT = 978 MHz

Source: FAQ Section

Reactions: rickfmdj
I guess 50% is better than nothing but this means we still have to use our eyes and ears until it reaches 100%. This, unfortunately, is a good argument for VLOS.

Reactions: ThemadScientist
MOST small aircraft around here don't.

AirSense receives information broadcast from 1090ES (RTCA DO-260B) and UAT (RTCA DO-282B).

Note:
UAT = 978 MHz

Source: FAQ Section
Oh thank you very much!!! I was looking for this answer. That's why we have two antennas. I saw the chip on some photos here and I supposed both frequencies.

I am doing my recurrent knowledge training and I came across this:
ADS-B_Rule.png

It states that ADS-B out are not legal unless approved by the FAA. Manufacturers technically aren't required to meet Part 89 requirements for a bit, but it would sure stink if DJI didn't get approved. Does anyone know if DJI got their ADS-B on the MA2 and MA2s approved by the FAA?

I am doing my recurrent knowledge training and I came across this:
View attachment 127750

It states that ADS-B out are not legal unless approved by the FAA. Manufacturers technically aren't required to meet Part 89 requirements for a bit, but it would sure stink if DJI didn't get approved. Does anyone know if DJI got their ADS-B on the MA2 and MA2s approved by the FAA?
The drones have ADS-B IN, not OUT.

Last edited:
I asked in the DJI forum about the possibility to display the altitude at least of the Drone...better if we get also the aircraft altitude.
I generated a mode-s signal at 250 feet - 500-1000 and no information about it, the application reported that there was an airplane nearby

I asked in the DJI forum about the possibility to display the altitude at least of the Drone...better if we get also the aircraft altitude.
I generated a mode-s signal at 250 feet - 500-1000 and no information about it, the application reported that there was an airplane nearby

Can I ask how you achieved this mate?

Can I ask how you achieved this mate?
certainly. I have a hackrf which is a radio sdr also tx, which allows me to generate and modulate various types of signals.
So I did various tests in mode-s. Generating packages with coordinates and elevation near the drone or further away. I also connected the hackrf to an external antenna (1090MHz) to see if the drone also considered the signal strength and not just decoded the ads-b packet.

It decodes the signal. The adsb alert works only if the drone is frying.

On this video you see my setup while I'm doing some test.
Sorry, only in Italian.

Reactions: Lecheeb and gb160
certainly. I have a hackrf which is a radio sdr also tx, which allows me to generate and modulate various types of signals.
So I did various tests in mode-s. Generating packages with coordinates and elevation near the drone or further away. I also connected the hackrf to an external antenna (1090MHz) to see if the drone also considered the signal strength and not just decoded the ads-b packet.

It decodes the signal. The adsb alert works only if the drone is frying.

On this video you see my setup while I'm doing some test.
Sorry, only in Italian.
Thanks buddy I'll check this out...Ive been tempted to buy a hackrf for a different project, so this just makes me more tempted!

Thanks buddy I'll check this out...Ive been tempted to buy a hackrf for a different project, so this just makes me more tempted!
If you know how to program or if you are good at github looking for software, hackrf and gnuradio are very powerful.

Reactions: gb160
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman