DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID -- When Added to DJI Fly App?

The only GPS related update I have ever heard of is the Flysafe database. It is kept on the drone, not the controller.

The only GPS related update I have ever heard of is the Flysafe database. It is kept on the drone, not the controller.
That is true.

That is the update I declined to apply.

Do NOT want the Mavic Air 2 to deny takeoff.

I happen to fall under a Class C Air Space Circle.

That would cause my Air 2 to NOT takeoff.

That is true.

That is the update I declined to apply.

Do NOT want the Mavic Air 2 to deny takeoff.

I happen to fall under a Class C Air Space Circle.

That would cause my Air 2 to NOT takeoff.
I recall a few years ago I was in the airspace of Scottsdale Airport in Arizona. I got LAANC Approval but the drone was restricted. I recall having to do something to unlock the geo lock on the drone. It wasn't a quick process.

I recall a few years ago I was in the airspace of Scottsdale Airport in Arizona. I got LAANC Approval but the drone was restricted. I recall having to do something to unlock the geo lock on the drone. It wasn't a quick process.
Yes - that is precisely what I was commenting on.

Having to attempt an UNLOCK of a geo lock is not what one wants to be forced into.

That is exactly why I declined to apply that particular update.

I currently live under the flight path of a regional airport. I can't understand the idiocy of preventing a takeoff when I do NOT even go up as high as the tree tops.

The only reason I do fly over my property has been to take photos of my roof.

T always keep mt Air 2 in direct sight. I let it stay in place and then glance at the RM500 Display screen to see what I will take a photo of.

Otherwise, I ALWAYS have Visual Line Of Sight at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne