DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advise needed for Irish Drone registration

MrKnucklehead

Reactions
Hi Guys,

First time flyer and just getting set up with a Mavic Air drone at the moment. I wanted to use by drone around Ireland when I travel on my Harley and wanted to do so in a legal way. As such I have done my research and discovered that I can fly at 400 feet if I register my drone with the IAA using their www.assett-international.com website. However having signed up and attempting to follow the instructions I have found that there is no register drone tab as the site suggests.

I am looking for advise from other Irish users who have completed this is the past as having contacted the IAA directly they stated that they had no idea and had emailed www.drones.ie for advise. Having gone to this site directly it is a holding page that cannot be used for anything. I suspect this is an issue unique to Ireland and something stupid only the Irish would experience.

Really appreciate the assist.

Mike.

I would be surprised if there is any scheme in place, though no doubt something will be at planning stage.
I assume you are travelling from another country, which will be something else barely thought about yet.
The 400 feet height limit/advice is typical but some countries go for lower limits.

In practice so long as you aren't at a busy tourist spot (and don't actually hit something) things will be very laid back.

I would be surprised if there is any scheme in place, though no doubt something will be at planning stage.
I assume you are travelling from another country, which will be something else barely thought about yet.
The 400 feet height limit/advice is typical but some countries go for lower limits.

In practice so long as you aren't at a busy tourist spot (and don't actually hit something) things will be very laid back.

Hey 4wd and thanks for the response. Actually I am Irish and live here. The IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) have had the drone registration since 2015 being the first country to require hobbyists to register drones. The reason I was asking is so that Ireland is quite **** around rules and I want to ensure that I am covered when flying this in the correct way.

I know when I travel abroad if I follow the steps you mentioned I will be OK just wanted to check for when I am home.

Regards from Ireland.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of wanting to register a below 1kg drone for use past the unregistered restrictions (oddly also for being carried around on a bike). I just completed it today. Once you are all registered personally on the asset-international.com site.
- Go to "Airspace" at the top.
- Then down to "Register SUA" on the menu.
- You will need the Serial Number of the drone.
- Once you have put all that in you will be taken to the "My SUA(s)" section.
- You will need to add it to your cart and then pay the €5.
- You will be instantly be taken back to the site and see that the fee is paid and you will have a SUA ID now.

Ciarán

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan