DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advise on video recommendations for my Mavic Pro for the beach.

hassanchop

Reactions
Hi I'm heading to the Bahamas and taking my Mavic Pro with me. I took the Mavic Pro with me on my last trip and it was my first time flying and recording video on it but to be honest I don't know what to do with the settings.

I would love to get some pointers on what settings I should use. I haven't adjusted ANYTHING since I got the pro so any advise is welcome. I do also have ND filters all the way up to 32.

I was thinking of trying to keep the shutter at 60 if the ND 32 filter allows me to. I'll be flying in bright sun hoping to capture the blue water.

What frame rate do you guys recommend? I was thinking of keeping it at 2k resolution since I'm going to be mixing with GoPro footage but not sure on the frame rate.

Thank you

Here is the first video of the beach I took below:

Last edited:
I wish I had an ND 64 for really bright days. I was in Hawai'i a few weeks back and my 32 was my go-to filter. I keep the SS at 60 and the ISO as low as possible to do that. I prefer to shoot in 4K so that I can reframe in post (if needed) and then output in 1080 losing no resolution. If I want to fly faster then I'll use a lower resolution so the data rate is slow enough for the processor (a weak spot in the MP, IMO).

Where are you going in the Bahamas? I've spent months and months there in a prior life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk