DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial photo/video companies

mavic14

Reactions
How do they even operate? I'm located in Boston and almost 50% of the State is covered in airspace. Are all of these companies really getting permits for each house and committing to jobs 6 months in advance to file a permit in time? Are they just doing it illegally? What's the penalty if they were to get caught?

I just got my part 107 and I'm a smart pilot but it frustrates me that it seems like no one else is following the laws and posting drone footage online for the world to see. I know the laws, but do you really think every aerial photo/video company in Massachusetts and throughout the US is following the rule to get a permit for each location?

Some companies may have applied for Authorizations/Waivers well in advance for blocks of airspace and may have received them. Allowing them to fly at will in any approved area. Some companies or uncertified people just fly without regard to rules. Unfortunately at this time the FAA does not have the personnel to enforce all the bad eggs out there.

Thanks. What happens to those companies that are uncertified to fly in the space but are making money off their aerial business? What are the actual penalties? Has anyone ever heard of any?

Thanks. What happens to those companies that are uncertified to fly in the space but are making money off their aerial business? What are the actual penalties? Has anyone ever heard of any?

For the most part this is uncharted territory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54