DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari-4- Ngorongoro Crater

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Still going through all of my images and videos. Here is a sampling from Ngorongoro Crater, Comments always welcomed. Double click on image for larger frame.

Dale
Blacksmith Lapwing.jpgsecretary bird.jpg

Attachments

• Elephant blocking vehicle.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Hippos in a pool.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • Three Flamingos feeding.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Zebra Head -close up profile.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
  • Zebra-front view-Black White.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 19
That first Zebra Head is just an incredibly beautiful photograph....the Elephant in the road is a picture worth a million bucks..the others are all way above Nice pictures, but those 2 would have made the trip worth while for me ...hard to believe that you are back already...I really hope you enjoyed your Safari as much as I appreciate these pictures...thank you for posting themThumbswayup

Thanks Gary
I’m still sorting thru thousands of images
So more to come!!!

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!

Really outstanding! I assume you did most of your work with a DSLR?
Thanks.

Sorry- I failed to mention the gear

Nikon D750's (2 bodies- one with short to med tele, and one with 600mm).
Really right stuff tripod
Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime
Nikkor 28-300mm, f 3.5-5.6
Wimberly gimbal and or bean bag on safari vehicle

High end equipment for sure but the results are phenomenal. If you’re going to do a safari like that, it deserves great equipment and you obviously know how to get the most out of it. Congratulations again!

High end equipment for sure but the results are phenomenal. If you’re going to do a safari like that, it deserves great equipment and you obviously know how to get the most out of it. Congratulations again!
I should mention that the Nikkor 600mm f/4 lens costs $12,300.00! I rented it from Lens Pro To Go for $800.00. It is truly an amazing piece of gear.

I’d have to agree with you when I can count the eyelashes on the zebra. Your part of the equation is that, as in portraiture, you correctly focused on the eyes of your subjects. Great equipment in the hands of mediocrity is little more than an expensive paperweight. Again, well done, I and others here,appreciate your efforts, talent, and taking the time to share these images with us.

I’d have to agree with you when I can count the eyelashes on the zebra. Your part of the equation is that, as in portraiture, you correctly focused on the eyes of your subjects. Great equipment in the hands of mediocrity is little more than an expensive paperweight. Again, well done, I and others here,appreciate your efforts, talent, and taking the time to share these images with us.
Thank you- there is still more to come. I have this entire week-end to edit. I am about half way through the trip at this point. I am now getting to some of the drone footage, which I cannot edit until I start going into Premiere.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter