DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari photos part 3

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I continue to work my way through the hundreds of photos, videos, and timelapses to amass material for the eventual video. Here are a few out takes from today's editing session.

The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a protected area and a World Heritage Site located 180 km (110 mi) west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania. The area is named after Ngorongoro Crater, a large volcanic caldera within the area.
The crater, which formed when a large volcano exploded and collapsed on itself two to three million years ago, is 610 meters (2,000 feet) deep and its floor covers 260 square kilometers (100 square miles). Estimates of the height of the original volcano range from 4,500 to 5,800 meters (14,800 to 19,000 feet) high. The crater floor is 1,800 meters (5,900 feet) above sea level. The crater was voted by Seven Natural Wonders as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa in Arusha, Tanzania, in February 2013. The Ngorongoro volcano was active from about 2.45 to 2 million years ago.

Helmetted guinea fowl.jpg

Attachments

• NgorongoroCraterFromRim-Panorama-lorez.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Baboons on Crater Road.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Baboons and vehicles-Crater Road-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • Oxpecker on a Cape Buffalo-lorez.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 42
Great pics @Dale D! I really like the oxpecker on the Buffalo pic! Very detailed.

Reactions: John235
Great pics @Dale D! I really like the oxpecker on the Buffalo pic! Very detailed.
Thank you. It is one of those images that really tells a story- I have about 40 or 50 throw aways of the same -this one was the keeper.

Reactions: Prop Wash
I continue to work my way through the hundreds of photos, videos, and timelapses to amass material for the eventual video. Here are a few out takes from today's editing session.

The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a protected area and a World Heritage Site located 180 km (110 mi) west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania. The area is named after Ngorongoro Crater, a large volcanic caldera within the area.
The crater, which formed when a large volcano exploded and collapsed on itself two to three million years ago, is 610 meters (2,000 feet) deep and its floor covers 260 square kilometers (100 square miles). Estimates of the height of the original volcano range from 4,500 to 5,800 meters (14,800 to 19,000 feet) high. The crater floor is 1,800 meters (5,900 feet) above sea level. The crater was voted by Seven Natural Wonders as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa in Arusha, Tanzania, in February 2013. The Ngorongoro volcano was active from about 2.45 to 2 million years ago.

View attachment 135866
Dale do you know what the other name is for the Guinea fowl, it's called a security chicken. Calling security in Afrikaans when they notice something that grabs their attention. I see you got a nice family photo too, quite a huge family though ?? they're all walking on the side of the road. A bit of a hairy bunch ??

View attachment 135866
Very nice photos and yes I am jealous. Africa is still on my bucket list. I would love to go. Really nice memories you created with your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki