DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Tanzania-Kenya The VIDEO!!!

This one is not a quickie. Don't watch unless you have the time to enjoy it ! Get a drink, and sit back to enjoy this 23:16 minute video, African Safari of Tanzania and Kenya. This was a two and a half week private tour (non- group). We flew from Miami to JFK, and on to Qatar,Doha and then Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. We had a private guide and vehicle throughout the journey. The tour was a tour of five (5) separate locations, mostly tented camps, mostly involving wildlife photography. 1. Arusha Coffee Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania 2.Tarangire National Park,Tanzania 3. Gibbs Farm and Coffee Plantation for Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National park, Tanzania 4. Elehene Tented Camp -Central Serengeti,Tanzania 5. Kaskaz Tented Camp- Northern Serengeti,Tanzania 6.Alex Walker’s Serian Tented Camp, Maasai Mara, Kenya 7.Hemingway’s Hotel- Nairobi, Kenya.

Please be sure to go the FULL SCREEN (click small box lower right hand corner with the 4 arrows).

Use of the Mini 2 was limited due to strict regulations against flying over wildlife, so I tried to limit it to the camps, where I flew with my usual stealth technique. I regret not taking my MP2 but was afraid of confiscation at customs. I will probably put the Mini-2 up for sale after very little, if any use at all. I did use it also for a short segment at the begining at the falls.

Still image editing and video editing required 56 GB of data, and 5 weeks at the computer for about 8 hours a day!

Gear used as follows:
2 Nikon D750 DSLR bodies and 2 Nikkor 28-300mm lenses.One for timelapses and one for shooting
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Really Right Stuff Tripod
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro LR 5 Lightroom for timelapse sequences.
All video 4K,24fps

For best enjoyment, FULL SCREEN. As usual, all comments welcomed.

Dale
Miami

I was very impressed with the pictures you were posting during your trip and was hoping for a video of it all ! You did not disappoint ! You took it up a notch with this one. WOW ! I especially enjoyed the background sounds. I could go on and on. My wife doesn't know it but she's having movie night tomorrow. Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.

I was very impressed with the pictures you were posting during your trip and was hoping for a video of it all ! You did not disappoint ! You took it up a notch with this one. WOW ! I especially enjoyed the background sounds. I could go on and on. My wife doesn't know it but she's having movie night tomorrow. Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.
You made my day! Thank you. Thanks for the additional comments. The bird sounds, waterfall sounds, etc. all go to make it more realists. I tried to take the viewer along on the trip.
Dale
Miami

Wow what a great video, thanks for all your work on the video so we could enjoy it with you,

I,m in awe that was a lifetime of living for a guy from nm, YOU did such an awesome job with that , Thanks sincerly dave Canada

Enjoyed that immensely Dale ...along with my coffee and cake.....but no quickie! ;)
Thank you for condensing such memorable times into a documentary of your exciting itinerary.
I can see from your attention to detail how the editing was so demanding of your time but it was well worth it.
I imagine those rugged crossings in the vehicles were somewhat grueling making for an end of the day slump into the cot. Accommodation looked comfortable.....must have been hard to get up for some of those early shots before the day's outing.
Loved so much of it...the cats, the birds, all kinds of four footed creatures in their natural settings, the elephants (particularly the B&W face close up), the Wildebeest crossing, the horizon sunsets (thinking how appropriate if a predator appeared at the closing scene), the timelapse, the soundtrack, the introduction to those that made your experience more comfortable, your stealth drone flights....and so on. I had a chuckle when seeing the arrow to the "Hippo" in the river .....thinking for but a second ....surely Dale is not directing that at his petite wife! LOL
In summary, thank you Dale for unselfishly sharing your epic adventure and for the time that it took to pull together a production of what is now etched into your mind and heart. Yes you worked hard for it and deserve the fruit of such.
Always enjoy your work and the constructive comments you share (solicited or otherwise) with the forum family.
More please mate ....from Down Under.

Last edited:
This one is not a quickie. Don't watch unless you have the time to enjoy it ! Get a drink, and sit back to enjoy this 23:16 minute video, African Safari of Tanzania and Kenya. This was a two and a half week private tour (non- group). We flew from Miami to JFK, and on to Qatar,Doha and then Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. We had a private guide and vehicle throughout the journey. The tour was a tour of five (5) separate locations, mostly tented camps, mostly involving wildlife photography. 1. Arusha Coffee Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania 2.Tarangire National Park,Tanzania 3. Gibbs Farm and Coffee Plantation for Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National park, Tanzania 4. Elehene Tented Camp -Central Serengeti,Tanzania 5. Kaskaz Tented Camp- Northern Serengeti,Tanzania 6.Alex Walker’s Serian Tented Camp, Maasai Mara, Kenya 7.Hemingway’s Hotel- Nairobi, Kenya.

Please be sure to go the FULL SCREEN (click small box lower right hand corner with the 4 arrows).

Use of the Mini 2 was limited due to strict regulations against flying over wildlife, so I tried to limit it to the camps, where I flew with my usual stealth technique. I regret not taking my MP2 but was afraid of confiscation at customs. I will probably put the Mini-2 up for sale after very little, if any use at all. I did use it also for a short segment at the begining at the falls.

Still image editing and video editing required 56 GB of data, and 5 weeks at the computer for about 8 hours a day!

Gear used as follows:
2 Nikon D750 DSLR bodies and 2 Nikkor 28-300mm lenses.One for timelapses and one for shooting
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Really Right Stuff Tripod
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro LR 5 Lightroom for timelapse sequences.
All video 4K,24fps

For best enjoyment, FULL SCREEN. As usual, all comments welcomed.

Dale
Miami

Well Dale, you promised and delivered. That is an exceptional video for anyone in any walk of life to see. You and your wife are extremely lucky to be able to experience that. Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed it very much and will show this to other family and friends to see.

Well Dale, you promised and delivered. That is an exceptional video for anyone in any walk of life to see. You and your wife are extremely lucky to be able to experience that. Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed it very much and will show this to other family and friends to see.
thank you for watching! Please feel free to share with family and friends.

Enjoyed that immensely Dale ...along with my coffee and cake.....but no quickie! ;)
Thank you for condensing such memorable times into a documentary of your exciting itinerary.
I can see from your attention to detail how the editing was so demanding of your time but it was well worth it.
I imagine those rugged crossings in the vehicles were somewhat grueling making for an end of the day slump into the cot. Accommodation looked comfortable.....must have been hard to get up for some of those early shots before the day's outing.
Loved so much of it...the cats, the birds, all kinds of four footed creatures in their natural settings, the elephants (particularly the B&W face close up), the Wildebeest crossing, the horizon sunsets (thinking how appropriate if a predator appeared at the closing scene), the timelapse, the soundtrack, the introduction to those that made your experience more comfortable, your stealth drone flights....and so on. I had a chuckle when seeing the arrow to the "Hippo" in the river .....thinking for but a second ....surely Dale is not directing that at his petite wife! LOL
In summary, thank you Dale for unselfishly sharing your epic adventure and for the time that it took to pull together a production of what is now etched into your mind and heart. Yes you worked hard for it and deserve the fruit of such.
Always enjoy your work and the constructive comments you share (solicited or otherwise) with the forum family.
More please mate ....from Down Under.
Maxwell:

I think you are my best fan! I'd love to submit more but for now, no immediate travels planned, but the future holds some nice plans. My favorite scene was the ending sunset timelapse with the high fireball of the sun (thanks to a 600mm lens!) sinking into the horizon and the lone topi (a kind of antelope) still walking around. There is nothing more dramatic than a huge sun from a long lens rising or setting.
In the scene at the coffee farm In the scene where my wife cracks up with laughter, I was singing "havan-agila." (an Israeli folk dance song). I also loved the scenes where the B & W fades into color, especially the zebras.

My wife also commented on the "hippo" arrow. I could have changed the direction of the arrow but too much trouble to re-edit that and re-render, submit to Vimeo, etc.

Thanks again,Maxwell.

Dale

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
I,m in awe that was a lifetime of living for a guy from nm, YOU did such an awesome job with that , Thanks sincerly dave Canada
Thanks for watching. I love your comments. It is comments like yours that drive me to pursue the drudgery of editing.

Great job buddy! I wished I'd seen it sooner. Been off on a few of my own little adventures. Truly another world over there! Thanks for taking us! Those airplane shots were amazing too! Sun set time lapses, WOW! It is astounding just haw many different animals you saw!

Great job buddy! I wished I'd seen it sooner. Been off on a few of my own little adventures. Truly another world over there! Thanks for taking us! Those airplane shots were amazing too! Sun set time lapses, WOW!
Karlewski- thanks so much for viewing. So much fun and so much work. Since they watched your 20 minute adventures I felt reassured I could go that long for a special event too. There is nothing comparable to an African sunset or sunrise. Especially with a 600mm lens. Africa is magical and draws us back over and over again. Thanks again.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242