DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Images-Group 7

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Well, I am about 2/3rd completed in editing all of the images for the safari to Tanzania and Kenya. Today, I worked on these images. The next group will be the best migration Mara River Crossing ever!

In case you are wondering- that image of the dead hippo is the result of a lost hippo fight for territory or courtship! The hippo wound up dead in the Mara River and the croccodile (barely visible) is already eating away, as is the Sacred Ibis. There will be no more hippo by the end of several days. Nature really cleans up it act in Africa.
All were shot with Nikkor 600mm f/4 lens on Nikon D750 body and beanbag support in the safari vehicle.

Be sure to click on the images to enlarge them!
Dale
Miami

1. Brown headed Kingfisher
2. Egyptian Geese
3. Egyptian Geese
4. Red Headed Vulture
5. Sacred Ibis
6. Dead hippo being eaten by crocodile and ibis
Brown Headed Kingfisher.jpgEgyptian Geese in the water.jpgEgyptian Geese.jpgRedHeaded Vulture.jpgSacred Ibis's-Mara River.jpg

Attachments

• Dead Hippo-croccoduile-ibis.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Outstanding quality and editing , the dead hippo was incredible in detail as well as catching the crock in town.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Well, I am about 2/3rd completed in editing all of the images for the safari to Tanzania and Kenya. Today, I worked on these images. The next group will be the best migration Mara River Crossing ever!

In case you are wondering- that image of the dead hippo is the result of a lost hippo fight for territory or courtship! The hippo wound up dead in the Mara River and the croccodile (barely visible) is already eating away, as is the Sacred Ibis. There will be no more hippo by the end of several days. Nature really cleans up it act in Africa.
All were shot with Nikkor 600mm f/4 lens on Nikon D750 body and beanbag support in the safari vehicle.

Be sure to click on the images to enlarge them!
Dale
Miami

1. Brown headed Kingfisher
2. Egyptian Geese
3. Egyptian Geese
4. Red Headed Vulture
5. Sacred Ibis
6. Dead hippo being eaten by crocodile and ibis
View attachment 136370View attachment 136372View attachment 136373View attachment 136374View attachment 136375

Great work, Dale! Thanks for sharing 👍🏾

Great photos!

Thanks for sharing these Dale! Great images.

Hey PropWash:

My thanks for viewing them. I have spent this entire day editing but am not yet ready to send some fantastic images of the biggest migration crossing ever! We witnessed thousands and thousands of wildebeests cross the Mara River, with dead animals, vultures, and crocodiles abounding, and tremendous energy of these animals in their amazing efforts at following the rains and the grass in their never ending clockwise migration. The only problem I am having is that I probably took more than 100 images or more and am only able to send a few to avoid repetition and boredom. Viewing this spectacle was the culmination of years of wishing to see it. I will hold these images in my mind forever.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS