DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Pictures Group 15

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am nearing the end of editing these images, and will soon begin the huge task of making a video from them as well as all of the drone, iPhone, and timelapse videos.

These images represent both new life (Egyptian geese chicks) and death. Here are some images of the results of the migration crossings, where wildebeests were stampeded, injured from jumping, or just killed by the crocodiles waiting for them to cross the treacherous Mara River. We waited for hours as the masses (hundreds of thousands) of wildebeests gathered on the cliffs, waiting for the time for one of them to start across the river. Hundred of vultures collected on the trees, and crocodiles planned their attacks. The result was many dead animals strewn in the river. But these few wildebeests did not not make it across. And the feasting begins. Also, admire the beautiful horns of this male impala.
Please either click on the icons (larger files) or the images for enlargement.
Cheetah on a Grassy Mound.jpgDead crossing Wildebeest and Vulture.jpgEgyptian Geese and chicks.jpgEgyptian Goose and Chicks on rocks.jpgImpala Buck.jpgTwo Vultures. waiting for a kill.jpgVulture with wide wing spread.jpgVulture on dead wildebeest-3.jpgVulture with wide wing spread.jpgVulture-wings spread on dead Wildebeest.jpg

Attachments

• Large Nile Crocodile.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • Crocodile eating two wildebeests!.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Stunning simply stunning. That is one heck of an opening shot!
You might like the results of a Google for "leopard photographer land rover" lol.

Reactions: Droniac
Stunning simply stunning. That is one heck of an opening shot!
You might like the results of a Google for "leopard photographer land rover" lol.
Thanks so much. They are pretty amazing captures. The opening shot was one of about 40-50 that I shot when the cheetah eventually decided to look directly at the lens.

I am nearing the end of editing these images, and will soon begin the huge task of making a video from them as well as all of the drone, iPhone, and timelapse videos.

These images represent both new life (Egyptian geese chicks) and death. Here are some images of the results of the migration crossings, where wildebeests were stampeded, injured from jumping, or just killed by the crocodiles waiting for them to cross the treacherous Mara River. We waited for hours as the masses (hundreds of thousands) of wildebeests gathered on the cliffs, waiting for the time for one of them to start across the river. Hundred of vultures collected on the trees, and crocodiles planned their attacks. The result was many dead animals strewn in the river. But these few wildebeests did not not make it across. And the feasting begins. Also, admire the beautiful horns of this male impala.
View attachment 137252View attachment 137254View attachment 137255View attachment 137256View attachment 137257View attachment 137259View attachment 137262View attachment 137261View attachment 137262View attachment 137263
Awesome photos! Must have been a great safari

View attachment 137252View attachment 137254View attachment 137255View attachment 137256View attachment 137257View attachment 137259View attachment 137262View attachment 137261View attachment 137262View attachment 137263
Blew my mind. It would be a moot point to figure which I though was the premier shot. You’ve become National Dale-o-Graphic. Truly magnificent shots. You’ve made vulture pics attractive. So fascinating. Thanks for the background story and looking forward to the video. Godspeed, Droniac

Attachments

• 1635349264500.png
    1635349264500.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
Blew my mind. It would be a moot point to figure which I though was the premier shot. You’ve become National Dale-o-Graphic. Truly magnificent shots. You’ve made vulture pics attractive. So fascinating. Thanks for the background story and looking forward to the video. Godspeed, Droniac
I am honored by your kind words
It’s great to have appreciation of this kind of photography.

Last edited:
Great photos!

Man those fellas are old to get that huge.I can tell you one thing though they've seen many a migration, drought, rainy seasons and lived a hard yet prosperous lifestyle in the river and on it's banks eating when they can and what they can when foods available to them. Awesome photos Dale loved each and every one of them. As for the cats I have to say the cheetahs are my favorite ones as they have the hardest life of all cats in the wild with everything out there either killing them or stealing their food as they're not the strongest of the cat family when it comes to fighting off any other animals which could kill or injure them. Can't wait for the video to come out.

Sharky- thanks so much for watching this series. It's really great to be able to share these with as many people as possible and many who will never get the chance to go there.

Dale

Now Dale .....you keep keeping on about it....that you "will soon begin the huge task of making a video from them as well as all of the drone, iPhone, and timelapse videos". We are just fortunate that you also keep whetting our appetite with such amazing true to life images capturing the atmosphere and mood of the moment (I stare expecting something to move).
It's time mate to pull your finger out and sacrifice a few more hours sleep....and just get it done. LOL

Now Dale .....you keep keeping on about it....that you "will soon begin the huge task of making a video from them as well as all of the drone, iPhone, and timelapse videos". We are just fortunate that you also keep whetting our appetite with such amazing true to life images capturing the atmosphere and mood of the moment (I stare expecting something to move).
It's time mate to pull your finger out and sacrifice a few more hours sleep....and just get it done. LOL
Fair enough and absolutely! And, if you read the final chapter- group 18, published in yesterday's Mavic Pilots Forum, I said exactly that. I submitted my final photo edits, and they are showing the ending of the trip, with a final game drive to the air strip , farewell to our Maasai guide and driver (photos of them) and the small aircraft we boarded on our long way back to the US, and Miami. So there will now be a lull from me as I anticipate about a month's worth of work at the computer assembling the video as promised. I have tons of material and I do not intend this to be a 3 minute quickie. That would be impossible. I am going to try to keep it to 20 minutes, sort of like Karlewski's stuff. To compress 3 weeks of images and videos to 20 minutes will certainly be a challenge.

See ya then!

Dale

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_