DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari images-group 6

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
These images were taken September 18,2021 in the northern Serengeti out of our camp, Kaskaz Tented Camp. Our keen eyed driver/guide Humphrey first drove us to the Mara River where we saw a relatively small migration crossing of wildebeests, jumping off the cliffs of the river bed and crossing after they has amassed by the thousands. Following the river crossing, he found a leopard, first hunting a group of impala, then, the hunt unsuccessful, she walked back to her den where she had several cubs. The images here show her, first walking, then resting on a big rock. The cubs are not seen but are hiding in the bushes behind her. Also shown is a saddle billed stork and a long crested eagle. Click on image for large frame. Comments always welcomed. The big migration crossing is coming soon!

View attachment 136168View attachment 136173View attachment 136172View attachment 136176 in the northern Serengeti out of our camp, Kaskaz Tented Camp. Our keen eyed driver/guide Humphrey first drove us to the Mara River where we saw a relatively small migration crossing of wildebeests, jumping off the cliffs of the river bed and crossing after they has amassed by the thousands. Following the river crossing, he found a leopard, first hunting a group of impala, then, the hunt unsuccessful, she walked back to her den where she had several cubs. The images here show her, first walking, then resting on a big rock. The cubs are not seen but are hiding in there bushes behind her. Also shown is a saddle billed stork and a long crested eagle.
View attachment 136172View attachment 136168View attachment 136172View attachment 136173View attachment 136173View attachment 136174View attachment 136174View attachment 136175View attachment 136176

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Long Crested Eagle.jpgWildebeests-crossing river-1.jpgSaddle Billed Stork.jpgMomma leopard returning to den.jpgMomma Leopard returning to den-2.jpgLeopard lying on rock.jpg

Attachments

• Wildebeests-amassing-ridge of hill.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • Wildebeests-amassing-2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Wildebeest Migration Crossing of Mara River.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • Wildebeests-jumping over river bank-1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Some more great pictures @Dale D I know you have been on a number of these Safaris....does each one get better than the previous?
Mark- a travel agent once told me, if you only have two countries to visit in your life, you should go to Africa, and Africa. Africa is spellbinding. It keeps drawing me and my wife back. We have been on 13 African trips, usually to more than one country for each trip, such as South Africa and Botswana, or some other combination. We've been to virtually every country there for wildlife, including South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, (2-3 times each), Namibia, Zimbabwe twice, Zambia,Uganda, Rwanda twice, Democratic Republic of the Congo (gorillas), and Madagascar. We had plans for Ethiopia but there is political trouble there now with the Tigre rebels. This was to be our last trip but now were are thinking about Kenya next year. Kenya, of all the places, is the REAL Africa. The above list does not include Egypt, and Morocco which we have also found fascinating.

Africa never disappoints and each trip and each safari is different. When you leave the camp in the morning you never know what you will see on your journey that day. Save your money and do it. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back there.

Dale

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys